• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

The Sands of Time (Ma.K. AFS Mk1) [Rusting]

Started by marc_reusser, March 31, 2009, 08:15:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shropshire lad

Quote from: finescalerr on April 27, 2012, 12:19:47 PM
Nick, go stand in the corner. -- Russ

I'm already there . Haven't you seen the photo ?  Looks like you are running out of sanctions in your tinpot backwater dictatorship .

marc_reusser

Well after some unpleasant delays and setbacks, terrain will be what it is....still need to patch/repair an area (at op of top image), Once that is done I can add the rest of the bits, then do a final dust application on the Mak itself and we'll have to call it done.

I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

chester

Andi Little

Not trying to mess with your head or anything.........?

But in the overhead shot I really wanted/expected to see some bootprints around the "wreck". Nothing too much just enough to suggest that someone/thing had passed by and checked it out, again alluding to the extended time-line between the initial demise, the the curious observer and and the present ................. equally you could ask me to shut the      up!
KBO..................... Andi.

finescalerr

You will have finished another model, a notable achievement. And it won't be half bad, either. -- Russ

marc_reusser

Thanks guys.

It's time to call this one done (base ccould use a final layer of black...but that may or may not happen later)...it's okay...i'm not thrilled with it...but it's all that I could do given the time...and yes, Russ, as you point out, I actually finished a build. From what the damn Spaniard is asking of me, it looks like a number of my "shelf queens" may actually get finished. (though not likely "Watery Grave"...unless they feel my work is lacking, then I will have plenty of time for it :-\ )

Andi; There are lots of tiny footprints...but they are 'Z-scale', so a difficult to see. ;D

Still looking for the Z-scale Charlton Heston from 'Planet of the Apes' figure....but all I was able find was one him at a podium holding a musket screaming "from my cold dead hands". ;D

M

M-Works

JESTER

Amazing job Marc!! I thought it looked great in the earlier pics but you took it to the next level!!

-

Wesleybeks

Amazing stuff. I'd be pretty happy with myself if I could produce something half as good.

Well done.
Kind Regards
Wesley

Modelling in sunny South Africa

BKLN

I really like the slight polished look of the rusty dark steel. It seems that the desert environment around the wreck gets some pretty serious sandstorms that polish off the steel.

And I like the sad but majestic feel of the composition itself. There is a clear focus on the subject here. Excellent!

marc_reusser

Thanks for all the kind words and support.

I didn't have the final images shot previopusly...so here are 3 low res ones. (promise this is the last of them...project done so won't bore you any more with another view  :)  )

I shot it several ways; Indoor w/ artificial light, outdoor in lightbox, and outdoor in direct sunlight...even though contrasty I like the direct sunlight the best, because they show the sheen the best, and are the look hard/bright/hot lookthat I envisioned it would be set in.

Marc

M-Works

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Gordon Ferguson

Bore us with another view ?   I don't think so   ;D

Now that's it's all together, looks terrific ...... What were you worried about?

Can see why you you like the outdoor shot in the sunlight ....... Although its an interesting concept,sunlight, you must provide more details ............. The stronger contrasts set the scene perfectly.

Careful about this habit of "finishing" ....... Believe you can get treatment ;)
Gordon

Andi Little

Ridiculously good.................... Yet another bar to aim for.
KBO..................... Andi.

finescalerr

You're done. Nice work. So what's next? -- Russ

marc_reusser

Thanks again guys.

Sorry I can't share the whole process at this time.

Quote from: finescalerr on May 01, 2012, 12:31:17 AM
So what's next? -- Russ

No idea....whatever the damn Spaniards tell me..... ??? ::)...but I know it's coming!

M

M-Works