• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

R. T. HARDING LOGGING REPAIR SHOP

Started by TRAINS1941, April 10, 2009, 10:03:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TRAINS1941

Diorama Concept:
Based loosely on the West Side Lumber Co car shops circa 1950.

The building when completed will house a Repair Shop, Machine Shop and a Blacksmith Shop.  The size of the building will be approximately 9" x 30" the overall size of the Diorama will be 16" x 48".

There will be twelve pieces of machinery between the two shops; made up of Sierra West Scale Models and Western Scale Models.

Pictures of the first piece of machinery to follow this post.

Jerry

Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

Chuck Doan

"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

TRAINS1941

George Carlin

PuckHog

Jerry,  When you mentioned you were also building a planer I hoped you were thinking of a whole shop, really looking forward to this thread.   Randy

TRAINS1941

Thanks guys.

Yes Randy it will be the whole thing actually there is 12 machines in the building.  As soon as I finish this one I'll be on the next one.  I have also started on the shop building.

Jerry
George Carlin

shropshire lad

Jerry ,

I thought you were just like me and made smartass comments about other people's modelling . But I was wrong, you do fine modelling as well . I look forward to seeing the rest of the machines as you build them .

That is a fair sized diorama you are proposing , some people's whole layouts are smaller than that ,

Nick

Scratchman

Jerry, good to see you getting started and nice job on the planer.

Gordon Birrell

http://www.flickr.com/photos/77318580@N00/

chester

As a woodworker I can appreciate a wood shop. I am really looking forward to this build. Beautiful machinery work so far.

Belg

Jerry, real nice work on the planer, the whole build which we have discussed in the past is finally coming true. Can't wait to see more, give us a slightly larger pic next time will you? Pat ;)

TRAINS1941

Quote from: shropshire lad on April 10, 2009, 02:42:11 PM
Jerry ,

I thought you were just like me and made smartass comments about other people's modelling . But I was wrong, you do fine modelling as well . I look forward to seeing the rest of the machines as you build them .

That is a fair sized diorama you are proposing , some people's whole layouts are smaller than that ,

Nick

Nick thanks for the kind words.  I thought just it was time to get off my ass stop the BS and do something.

Jerry
George Carlin

TRAINS1941

Thanks Gordon & Chester its an incentive to keep going with guys like you looking at my work and pushing me to do my best.  Thanks again.

Pat

Yes its been awhile since I talked to you about this.  Guess I just got up enough courage to go out and do it.  Thanks for the kind words.  I know I still owe you that call.  I will try this week for sure.

Jerry
George Carlin

marc_reusser

I Thought I was having a stroke! :o......I had to look several times to make sure what I was seeing!! ;) ;D.... A finished model...and a beautifully built one at that! I guess there are still wonders in this world (not the fact that you did a beautiful job...but the fact that you actually built a model) ;) ;D.

I look forward to seeing more of this!

Marc
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

shropshire lad

Quote from: marc_reusser on April 12, 2009, 08:29:40 PM
I Thought I was having a stroke! :o......I had to look several times to make sure what I was seeing!! ;) ;D.... A finished model...and a beautifully built one at that! I guess there are still wonders in this world (not the fact that you did a beautiful job...but the fact that you actually built a model) ;) ;D.

Marc

There you go , Marc , you see it can be done !

If Jerry can finish a model you no longer have an excuse not to finish at least one of your many projects . I look forward to seeing the results with baited breath ,

Nick

TRAINS1941

Quote from: marc_reusser on April 12, 2009, 08:29:40 PM

Marc

Thanks Marc for the kind remarks.

It just took me a little time to get my confidence up to do this I guess.  But thanks to Marty who kept after me about posting something it happened.

Jerry
George Carlin