• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1:48 (CORRECTION) 1/43.57 Fordson

Started by lab-dad, April 19, 2009, 05:41:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lab-dad

I have had this kit "The Model company" 1:48 1/43.57 Fordson tractor for some time now.
I payed close attention to all of Chuck's efforts on the 1:16 and his version of the 1:40 with the road wheels.
I am trying to not copy Chuck and try some new things out too.
After building the "off road" wheels I see why Chuck did the road wheels!
Anyway I have been working on this about two weeks so far in my "spare" (hobby) time.
I have also been trying to add some details and some Chuck used on his little one.
Long way to go but here it is mocked up on it's wheels.
-Marty

TRAINS1941

-MJ

Your off to a good start there!!  I'm sure you will add some very interesting things as you go along.

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

Chuck Doan

Wheels came out great. Bill Roy didn't have any when I built my kit, and I understand they were tricky to assemble as well.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

marc_reusser

Neat projcet so far. Curious to see what you do with it.
Did you use styrene angle for the "tread"?

Chuck: I have a set of Bill's wheels, and they were cast as one piece (no assembly required).  :-\ 

Marc
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

chester

Yes, those wheels are tricky to assemble. Try the Jordan Fordson in 1/87 for some hair pulling adventures. Nice progress so far Marty.

lab-dad

Thanks fellows!
The wheels were a pain in the tail!
I used the pewter or pot metal or whatever they are.
Not only are they at an angle but when attached they must curve also.
Did I say they were a pain in the tail!
I'm hoping the mud will hide any errors.

Marc, how do Bill's compare to mine?

More in about a week, need the paint to dry so I can redip the parts in blackenit.
I did a little more painting this evening and some blasting with the air eraser.
I'll post pics of that soon.

BTW my steering is actually functional!

-Marty

shropshire lad

Marty ,

Are you sure it is 1/48th scale ? Because I was under the impression that they produced their stuff in 1/43rd scale. Not a big difference , I know , but possibly significant .
    If this turns out to be the case ,I hope I haven't spoilt your day . If it isn't , then just ignore me . Because what do I know , I'm just a Dumb Limey .

Still , what you've done so far is looking good ,

Nick

lab-dad

Thanks Nick, your right!
Oh well no biggie!
I have an HO windmill I was going to put with it.......... ??? ??? ???
-Marty

TRAINS1941

Hell I thought it was left over from your N-Scale days!!  Thought you were trying to fool everyone in to thinking it was O-Scale excuse me 1/43rd :)

Whatever it sure looks good so far!!

Jerry
George Carlin

lab-dad

basic paint and assembly finished.
Looks like I forgot the hitch off the back, purposely left the steering wheel off for now.

-Marty

TRAINS1941

-MJ

Now were getting some where.  Fine job young man will be looking to see how this looks when the final weathering is applied.

Jerry
George Carlin

lab-dad

Final pictures.
Finished and on the layout.
All in all from looking at the pictures of Chucks' (Bill Roy's McKinsey Iron & Steel) I think the McKinsey one is a better kit.
On to bigger things!
-Marty

TRAINS1941

-MJ

Outstanding job on the Fordson.  I like the back ground building I think I've seen that somewhere before. ;)

Jerry
George Carlin

shropshire lad

Marty ,

Great job on the Fordson , even better than Chuck's and you didn't have to go on vacation for five years to complete it !

Sorry to be a smartarse yet again , but I  think you mean the McKenzie Iron and Steel Co . Don't ya ?

Nick

PuckHog

Marty,  Very impressive job!!!!  The weathering and detail is outstanding.  Thanks for posting this.....Randy