• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

The Corliss project

Started by lab-dad, May 18, 2009, 09:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shropshire lad

Marty ,

This is becoming a seriously good piece of engineering ( it has gone beyond mere modelling) and if it continues like this you stand a chance of scraping a third place at this years Craftsman Structure Show !

Nick

finescalerr

Adequate, young Martin. Most adequate. -- Russ

chester

Beautiful work, it seems almost a shame to paint such lovely machining.

TRAINS1941

Quote from: shropshire lad on June 29, 2009, 11:59:00 PM
Marty ,

This is becoming a seriously good piece of engineering ( it has gone beyond mere modelling) and if it continues like this you stand a chance of scraping a third place at this years Craftsman Structure Show !

Nick

I don't know Nick do you think it would place that high?  Competition will be fierce at this years show.

Jerry

Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

lab-dad

Thanks everyone.

Gordon Yes I have a small scene in mind with the surrounding floor and beams, kind of a cut away.
I do plan on painting and weathering (or showing signs of use).

Nick No chance of placing the the CSS, I'm not going. And it's still just a model!

-Marty

John McGuyer

Now this is my kind of model building. Love it!

John

marc_reusser

Marty ,

Nick

Not a chance...there are no antlers, no draped chains, and gobs no gobs of bright orange rust, on this.  Those guys wouldn't know a well crafted model if it fell on them.

Marc
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Krusty

QuoteNot a chance...there are no antlers, no draped chains, and gobs no gobs of bright orange rust, on this.  Those guys wouldn't know a well crafted model if it fell on them.

[expletive deleted]

I was going to say that.
Kevin Crosado

"Caroline Wheeler's birthday present was made from the skins of dead Jim Morrisons
That's why it smelt so bad"

shropshire lad

Quote from: marc_reusser on June 30, 2009, 01:38:05 PM
Marty ,

Nick

Not a chance...there are no antlers, no draped chains, and gobs no gobs of bright orange rust, on this.  Those guys wouldn't know a well crafted model if it fell on them.

Marc

Give him a chance , he hasn't got to the painting and weathering stage yet .

Nick

MrBrownstone

wow...

talk about a piece that would make even a good scenery look bad...

Great work marty... I am still watching this one
it is going to be hard to get this one married to a scene....  ???  but hey what do I know....

I am just a mere student of the craft.  ;)

Mike

Frederic Testard

Personnally, I haven't the least doubt about Marty's ability to build a scene around his Corliss engine that would fit the exceptionnal level of modelling of this machine. He has already shown us his talent in many occasions. What I'm not sure of is, will he want to spend the time required for it?
Frederic Testard

Franck Tavernier

Marty, congratulations!

I am at a loss for superlatives to describe your results. You have done a fantastic work...

Sets the bar another notch higher!

Franck

shropshire lad

Franck ,

It looks like you've got some serious competition now. Are you up for raising the bar even higher ?

Have you been doing any modelling recently ? I am always looking out for new photos from you to see what new masterpiece you have created .
  Are you still planning on modelling the French mining scene ( the one with the snowshed) that you posted photos of a number of months ago ?

Nick

Belg

Marty, this is some really great work, can I ask if you have a prototype you are working toward? I did a google for a Corliss engine and they seem to come in all different sizes and applications. Can't wait to see this project sitting in one of your dioramas. Pat

Franck Tavernier

Nick, thanks for the kind words, but no modeling at the moment! Yes I'm planning the French mining scene, and I'm working on a new gas loco inspired by a RLD 3.3 ton Plymouth gas loco... ...I'm waiting my wheel sets from NWSL, but I haven't see the wheels come up to my desk! I ordered Sn3 wheel sets to model 500mm gauge in 1:35 scale  ;)