• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1/32 Deutz-(ish) Gas Mech (Using Bmann Davenport)

Started by marc_reusser, July 01, 2009, 01:55:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff Ringle

Mark,
Nice work.  I am very interested in seeing your painting and weathering techniques. I've never tried the hairspray approach. Geoff

Chuck Doan

I was just doing some hairspray chipping last night. It works very well.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

mobilgas

Did i miss something?............. someone fell off there bike and cracked there melon ;D      Craig

Chuck Doan

This time they managed to put Humpty back together again. This time.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

Tom Neeson

Quote from: mobilgas on March 18, 2010, 09:50:30 AM
Did i miss something?............. someone fell off there bike and cracked there melon ;D      Craig

Yeah, and when he came to he started painting his models with hairspray, PAM cooking spray, cheeze whiz...anything in a can. It was weird.
No Scribed Siding!

finescalerr

No, no. You guys don't know Marc well enough. It's when he doesn't use Pam, hairspray, fingerpaints, or guacamole that you should begin to worry! -- Russ

RoughboyModelworks

Guacamole and Cheez Whiz...  :o  I must have missed that SBS. Must have something to do with chipping...  ;D

Paul

Chuck Doan

shropshire lad

How do you get it off the model ? With your tongue ?

Nick

marc_reusser

OH FINE!......I finally push my self to work on my projects, and get up the courage to post my work, and this is what I get!....sniff....sniff....see If I try and finish anything anymore! :'( :'( :'(

MR ;) ;D
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Frederic Testard

Frederic Testard

lab-dad

(in a bart simpson voice)
is it done yet? is it done yet? is it done yet? is it done yet? is it done yet? is it done yet? is it done yet? is it done yet?

You guys forgot the tequila in the secret ingredients! ;D

Tom Neeson

No Scribed Siding!

marc_reusser

Speaking of Tequila...here is a quick one hour experiment I did after we got back from the mexican restaurant and having margaritas.....

I needed a piece if cut metal signage that would bend like metal, and when seen from the backside would look like old metal......so.......

You take a piece of aluminum pie tin that was etched in Ferric-Chloride (cut alumin. to size before etching)....

Take a Micro-Scale decal, and blast it with baking soda to fade the colors and spot wear through the decal.

Then apply the decal to the etched alumin., set with Decal setting solution, lightly brush some CMK light rust pigment into the chipped areas, add some random spotting with Abt-502 rust oils, Seal with Model Master "Lusterless Flat"....do a bit more spotting with the oils, and dab some Bragdon's dark rust pigment along the edges......then glue in place using ACC.

It's no Chuck Doan sign...but for an hour's worth of work it's passable, and I definitely think the decal wear method has some future potential...especially with a bit more experimentation.

Marc
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World