• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1/32 Deutz-(ish) Gas Mech (Using Bmann Davenport)

Started by marc_reusser, July 01, 2009, 01:55:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TRAINS1941

Marc

Whether it ever gets done or not.  It's just great to have you back, your imput is always appreciated.  And all the things you bring to the forum make this just a great place to be.

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

John McGuyer

After you get through purging yourself from the Kaydee's, I have absolute scale, metal, working 1/32 couplers. If you promise to come run that thing at a place nearby to your house, an arrangement could be made.

John

RoughboyModelworks

That's one hell of a clamping job Marc... Rube Goldberg would be proud  ;).  I like what you've done with the bonnet, nice and crisp.

Paul

jacq01

Feldbahn.....................http://www.werkbahn.de/photos.htm  lots of them.
  click on the manufacturers name and see for yourself......

this one is nice  http://www.merte.de/bilder/diema_1306.jpg

Jacq
put brain in gear before putting mouth in action.
never underestimate the stupidity of idiots
I am what I remember.

marc_reusser

WHOA!.....that first link is going to keep me busy for many hours! THANKS!

...as for the second link.....I think I have a swift kick in the rear waiting for you. ;) ;D ;D ;D

I did a bit of work on this project over the weekend.....milled the new sideframes and weights. Will post some pics when I get them a bit further (IE. they look more interesting than just pieces of acrylic with various holes).

Marc
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

RoughboyModelworks

Yes Jacq, that first link is super... thanks for posting. No sure about that second one though... maybe Marc could do one of those pulled by a donkey  ;) ;D ;D

Paul

jacq01

QuoteNo sure about that second one though... maybe Marc could do one of those pulled by a donkey

I'll remove that Diema photo when Marc put his machine on wheels  ;D ;D ;D

btw Now Russ is in Colorado, I can show, without troubling him, some antlers, big ones  http://homepage.ntlworld.com/nigel.ford2/_wp_generated/wp61797f3c_0f.jpg

Jacq
I am what I remember.

marc_reusser

Well not nearly as exciting or skillfull work as has been posted here in the forum of late, ...but alas...some progress on this build.

The weights were milled from acrylic. The front had holes drilled to accept the bolt detail, and the rear had the edges rabbeted to interloc and fit around the Bmann frame. This image shows the weights ready to receive a "cast texture, using Krylon enamel primer sprayed from a distance. On order to keep the texture out of the holes (so that they retain the "machined" look), I used small dabs of Silly-Putty to fill/mask the holes.

This image shows the weights mounted to the new acrylic side-frames, the rabetting can be seen between the weights and the frame. The white strips are .005" styrene to hold a neat and even space/parting line when installed. Just for extra security, taking a trick from Ken's playbook, a 1/16 acrylic rod was used to pin the the weights to the sideframe from the rear.

The side-frames set in place on the modified Bmann frame, showing the interloc/overlap, that conceals the frame from view.

....lastly the side-frames set loosly in place on the project (the gap/space between the top of the weigts and deck plate will be much smaller when the sidframes are permanently affixed).

Next will be the front and rear frame pieces........

...and hey, look Jacq.....It's got wheels!!! ;D ;D ;D

Marc

M-Works

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

marc_reusser

Thanks Ray.

Have now been rethinking the cab...was originally planning a typical enclosed cab, but seeing the proportions come to life (full cab may seem ungainly and visually overweighted), I am now really leaning to a low-wall, no roof version; or a low wall version with a just a 4-pole supported arced sheet metal roof.  ???

Maybe I need to do a cardstock mock-up of the options. :-\

.....input on this is conundrum is welcome from anyone with an opinion.

Marc

M-Works

jacq01

Marc,

this comes along very nice, well detailed, ...... I agree that a closed cab will spoil the proportions.
   Doesn't the werklok site offers plenty alternative idea's ?   Maybe an umbrella ?   :D :D  An open one offers a lot of potentials for
   gear-, brake-,throttlelevers, dials and a wel worn seat.

It is now too late to remove the bee-diema. This one on a playground is based on a children's tv program Die Biene Maya.
   The best is to leave it to the kids to get rid of it.

Looking forward to see your vision on the balanced whole, particullary the behind, and of course your paint SBS on this one.

Jacq

I am what I remember.

TRAINS1941

Marc

Very nice indeed.  Will be interesting to see what you come up with for the cab.
Love those wheels!!!! ;D ;D

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

John McGuyer

Hey Marc! Wanna hairbrained idea for a different roof? Well you're gonna get it anyway. How 'bout a tube frame and a canvas roof? Some brass rod with some cool little brackets.

John

Chuck Doan

Just saw a Huell Howser episode up at Cargill (Leslie) salt. Nice scene of thier 2 ft guage portable RR in use. Modern engines, but all open cab.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Franck Tavernier

Hi Marc,

Nice Job! An open cab will be much better  ;)

Franck