• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1/32 Deutz-(ish) Gas Mech (Using Bmann Davenport)

Started by marc_reusser, July 01, 2009, 01:55:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gordon Ferguson

Hold on a minute, no where did you mention baking it,

Your like the Crime Writers who introduce the murderer on the last page and you then go back thro' the previous 300 odd pages to find this character has never even been mentioned!

Anyway it's in the oven now and I am off to work so will check it tonight .

Edit:

Ran out of turps , had some white spirit that I used to clean my creosote brushes so used that to glaze the top before poping it the oven ........ Going to guess I should let it cool before the dry brushing ?

Gordon

marc_reusser

The whole process is half-baked....so the baking was implied and foreshadowed all along. I can't help it if you can't read between the lines.

I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

danpickard

Might post this new technique over in some of the other forums just to see if someone else will give it a go as the latest all purpose weathering process.  Is it low temp in the oven, or put it in at full whack? :)

Cheers,
Dan

marc_reusser

Just hot enough that it takes a second or so after you grab the oven rack, to realize you have just fused your skin to the metal.

M-Works

danpickard

Malachi Constant

Quote from: marc_reusser on May 22, 2013, 02:19:50 AM
The whole process is half-baked....so the baking was implied and foreshadowed all along. I can't help it if you can't read between the lines.

Fuggin' hilarious!  ;D  ;D  ;D
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

marc_reusser

One more shelf queen we'll call done. Still some a couple of last finishing drops of shiny grease...and see if I can fix those two fingerprints  :o ::).....should be done just in time for Thursday. :)

M-Works

finescalerr

Gott in Himmel! Are you trying to win every contest at the show? -- Russ

marc_reusser

Ha....all three locos are in the same category...I'm a "one-note" kinda guy. Only the two cabeese are in different ones. :)

M-Works

Hydrostat

Marc, this is mind blowing. Very well done. I've seen some locos in the mid 80ies that looked exactly that way. I don't see space for improvement.

There's only one thing, that came to my mind, and I don't want to call it "missing": Maybe you could add some curved stains of a swinging key ring or something. The drivers often hooked them or their jackets or helmets with some wire to the cabin walls.

Volker
I'll make it. If I have to fly the five feet like a birdie.
I'll fly it. I'll make it.

The comprehensive book about my work: "Vollendete Baukunst"

marc_reusser

Thanks Volker. Appreciate the kind words.

I can no longer "see the forest for the trees" on this one, but I figured I better get it done as part of my last hurrah. :)

Nice detail/observation of the helmet or keys scraping. Probably too late to add now...but where did this usually/typically occur?

M-Works

Hydrostat

Usually inside the cabin, for example at the rear wall for larger items or above the control panels for the key ring. They just had a s-bent wire in a not used screw hole or used a longer screw as hook.

Volker
I'll make it. If I have to fly the five feet like a birdie.
I'll fly it. I'll make it.

The comprehensive book about my work: "Vollendete Baukunst"

marc_reusser

M-Works

shropshire lad

Quote from: Hydrostat on August 26, 2013, 02:16:26 AM
Usually inside the cabin, for example at the rear wall for larger items or above the control panels for the key ring. They just had a s-bent wire in a not used screw hole or used a longer screw as hook.

Volker

Volker , please don't make helpful suggestions like this when referring to one of Marc's " finished" pieces , because it usually ends up with him chucking  said model into the paint stripper bucket and him starting all over again . And , we , as a collective Forum , could not cope with the added stress .

Thanks , Old Bean !

Nick

Ray Dunakin

Beautiful little loco! Looks absolutely real.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World