• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1/32 Deutz-(ish) Gas Mech (Using Bmann Davenport)

Started by marc_reusser, July 01, 2009, 01:55:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

finescalerr

Okay, you two: Go back to the corner and stand there until further notice! -- Russ

Franck Tavernier

Quote from: shropshire lad on December 02, 2009, 01:37:04 AM

Franck ,

Did you say who makes the Marder III photo etch parts , I can't see if you did in your posts ? Or am I being blind ?

I'm afraid I have taken the easy/cop out option and bought my locos from my new best friend Bernard Snoodyk . I let him worry about where he gets the seats from !

I'm sorry my French isn't up to the standard of those other two Smartie Pants . I shall endeavour to do better in future ,

Nick

Nick,

I gave the brand name yesterday... :-\ :-\

The photo etched kit is produced by Part #35050 for theTamiya Marder III. It's this seat I'll use for my new gas loco :

http://www.part.pl/p35/p35.html

Franck

Franck Tavernier

Marc; Paul; Marc B; Marty, I can send a copy of the Autocad file. I will indicate the various drilling diameters for the holes, I have at home a real Deutz seat!

The drawing is in 1:35 scale.

I'll save the file for Autocad 2002.

Franck

RoughboyModelworks

Thanks Franck... much appreciated. If you PM me I'll send you my email address.

Paul

shropshire lad

Quote from: Franck Tavernier on December 02, 2009, 12:06:14 PM
Quote from: shropshire lad on December 02, 2009, 01:37:04 AM

Franck ,

Did you say who makes the Marder III photo etch parts , I can't see if you did in your posts ? Or am I being blind ?

I'm afraid I have taken the easy/cop out option and bought my locos from my new best friend Bernard Snoodyk . I let him worry about where he gets the seats from !

I'm sorry my French isn't up to the standard of those other two Smartie Pants . I shall endeavour to do better in future ,

Nick

Nick,

I gave the brand name yesterday... :-\ :-\

The photo etched kit is produced by Part #35050 for theTamiya Marder III. It's this seat I'll use for my new gas loco :

http://www.part.pl/p35/p35.html

Franck

Well , why didn't you say so then , Franck . Here's me thinking you were telling me that the part you used is part number 35050 by someone who you didn't mention , when in fact what you were saying is that the part you used was part number 35050 by a company who call themselves Part . If only you had made yourself clearer then I wouldn't have had to make myself look a part , sorry I meant Prat !

Nick

Franck Tavernier

Nick No problem  ;) I agree, the brand name "Part" has threw the confusion!

Franck

narrowgauger

Hi Guys

I custom made a die for this style of "tractor" seat, which allows me to press form the basic shape in brass.  After the basic shape is pressed the rime is finished off and the perforations punched out in the rivetting machine.  This way I can produce the 3 basic types used on most industrial locomotives and machinery.

If anyone wants one of these seats let me know and I will be happy to send you one for the cost of the postage.

contact me direct at bernards@greenwaybanks.com.au

have fun
Bernard

marc_reusser

I finally couldn't take the Bmann counterweights anymore, so this evening I used a Dremel tool with cutting bit, to grind them off, and give them a more realistic appearance.

MR
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

lab-dad

DAMN!!!!!!!!
This is looking better and better!
Pretty soon there will be nothing left of the original loco!
Really making 2' in 1/32 looking apealing!
-Marty

Chuck Doan

Whew! I thought this might happen when you took out the grill! Bye Bye Bachmann...
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

jacq01

Looks better and better.    One of these things approaching it's end ?     

Here some reference material : http://www.ingr.co.uk/intro_rlys.html

Jacq
put brain in gear before putting mouth in action.
never underestimate the stupidity of idiots
I am what I remember.

marc_reusser

Thanks guys....and thanks for the cool link Jaqc.

Haven't had much time to do any model building, but yesterday evening I just had to take care of something that was still bugging me.....once again another sep backwards first....

I completely sanded off the remaining profile of the Bmann grille, and cut a hole for a new screen.

Originally I had drawn a perforated screen in cad, and was going to try and drill it into the plastic on the XY table, but I was not in the mood to deal with it, and the plastic was too thick anyhow...so it would have looked wrong/odd anyhow. (thinning the plastic from the inside was not really an option due to the nature of the details already in place).

In the end, I dug through all my PE sets and left-overs, and found a grille that was almost identical to the one I had drawn, in a set from LionRoar for the "Marder" tank. (BTW. I used the VectorWorks laser cut bolt heads at the crank hole plate)

Though on the real loco the screen is on the inside of the sheet metal pace, due to the plastic thinning issues (and just having to get this done) I figured it would be "good enough" to place it on the surface.......if I have to, I'll justify it as being a slide in perforated steel plate to protect the screen behind  ;) ::).

Lastly everything was given a light first coat of primer.....now can go through and do any necessary pick-up/cleanup where needed, and set my sights on finishing the cab interior.

....it's not anywhere as nice, or accurate, as Bernards locos....and it took a hell of a lot more work than I was planning to put into it.....but hey....what do you want for $35-  ::) ;D

MR

I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Mr Potato Head

Best $35.00 I have ever seen, hey where did you get that magic Canadian Penny?,.......
I like the grill, it worked out better, can't wait to see the cab interior
Gil
shoveling snow daily
Gil Flores
In exile in Boise Idaho

mobilgas

Marc,     The new grill look's great ;)    if you want to make 15 bucks, ill take it off your hands for $50.00  ::)  Craig