• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1/2" Scale project still in progress (somehow)

Started by Chuck Doan, July 20, 2009, 08:55:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TRAINS1941

Chuck

Just when you think you've seen it all you have to go one step more.
But then that's what we all have come to expect from you.

Or in the words of Unc...Adequate to say the least.

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

RoughboyModelworks

WOW... that is great Chuck, absolutely convincing. I'm going to have to give this one a try.

Paul

Chuck Doan

Looks like the grille and bumper of something is hiding just behind the doors. Maybe a great barn find in waiting.

I finally got the doors locked. Hasp and padlock made from styrene with brass wire bits. Chain is 40 links per inch from Builders in Scale.

As I am just about to permanently fasten the wall, I thought I'd take a shot of the backside for posterity. Nothing like bad planning and impatience!

"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

lab-dad

Really cool!
I think that last shot should be on the cover of the annual next year!
Love the bumper & grill behind door number one!
-Marty

TRAINS1941

AWESOME!!!!

Hell I thought you were going to say that you had built an old truck to put in there.
I'm not sure which one but one of them should be on the cover of the "ANNUAL" next year.

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

jacq01

Chuck,

my compliments, super.

QuoteI finally got the doors locked
A hell of a job, getting the chain ends together   ;D ;D not something to be done every day.

Jacq
put brain in gear before putting mouth in action.
never underestimate the stupidity of idiots
I am what I remember.

Ray Dunakin

Beautiful! The slight glimpse of grill and bumper is a nice touch.

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

finescalerr

I am delighted to see that I'm not the only one who puts together models with thumb tacks and chewing gum. The shot of the back side look like the back of my own models (all the result of ad hoc construction and bad planning). The front side, by contrast, further erodes my self confidence yet is most satisfactory. Young Charles, this could be your best diorama to date. -- Russ

NORCALLOGGER

Chuck,
I can't really add anything more to what has already been said.
Besides the only thing that comes to mind is just, WOW!

Thank you for sharing this project.
Rick

Frederic Testard

Chuck, both sides are awesome, for very different reasons... One could believe you've shot a cinema studio.
Frederic Testard

chester

Damn Cranky

Bravo, I love that behind the scenes look!
Crazy About Rust!

marc_reusser

Really gives traction to the phrase "cobbled together".... ;) ;D ;D ;D

Marc
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

RoughboyModelworks

Love the bumper and grill peaking through the doors Chuck. Seems to me I remember a suggestion to that effect somewhere earlier in this thread  ;)

Backside shot is interesting, though I'm a little concerned about the bar codes. Have you been pulling our legs all along and actually bought this over at Wally World???

Excellent job...

Paul

jacq01

QuoteBackside shot is interesting, though I'm a little concerned about the bar codes. Have you been pulling our legs all along and actually bought this over at Wally World???

It looks like he found them in the bargain section where they get rid of the worn and handled promotion products.  :o :o

Chuck,

this was a very nice enjoyable journey and in the end you showed us all you are a mortal......... thanks.

Jacq

put brain in gear before putting mouth in action.
never underestimate the stupidity of idiots
I am what I remember.