• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1/2" Scale project still in progress (somehow)

Started by Chuck Doan, July 20, 2009, 08:55:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck Doan

I like the sidecar idea for the wheelchair, got to have a thong clad nurse ready at all times!

Any book should feature models on models. Take that any way you want ;)

Dallas you are correct, I used the Dullcoat as a sealer over the hairspray since I handbrush the thinned Polly scale. It is not in the original recipe where an airbrush is used.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

finescalerr

I seem to have credibility issues regarding both publications and bikini girls. How humiliating. -- ssuR

Malachi Constant

Develop a system that involves bikini girls delivering the books ... and I think you'll have the problem licked.  So to speak.
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

Chuck Doan

Perhaps a chain of Gentleman's reading rooms.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

finescalerr

Both excellent suggestions although Chuck's wording wins the Clever Euphemism Award. -- Russ

TRAINS1941

Quote from: shropshire lad on June 16, 2010, 06:20:23 AM
Quote from: danpickard on June 16, 2010, 02:10:47 AM

PS: I only think you're full of shit when you talk about the number of bikini clad models strutting around the office.  Hugh Hefner, maybe...Uncle Russ, maybe, with his eyes closed and imagination working overtime  ;D

Funnily enough , Dan , this is about the only thing Russ says that I actually believe . The rest is hogwash !

Nick

Well put Sir Nick!!!! ;D

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

Chuck Doan

I finally finished the tank for the oil dispenser/lubester/highboy. I mounted the fill hatch, and added a hinge stop, hinge plates a dipstick knob. And thanks to Craig's suggestion, my garage now has brand affiliation.

Finishing steps for the tank:
Testor's flat black primer
Coat of Treseme Tres 2 extra hold aerosol.
Coat of Dullcoat sealer
Polly Scale white mix airbrushed on
Quick dry with hair dryer-created a "micro crackle" effect.
Chip with damp toothpick, short stiff brush dipped in water
Apply decal
Gwosh rust and black applied with cosmetic sponge-seal w Dullcote
Gwosh rust streaking with small brush/wet toothpick-seal w Dullcoat
Apply pigment powders to exposed chips
Add oil with gwosh and pigment powders for texture.
Slight touch of thinned Floquil High Gloss on oil.

Decal:
I found a lubester decal image on the web, and modified it a bit in Photoshop. I imported several copies in Word and made them an appropriate size. I printed them on Testor's white decal sheet for ink jet printers and when dry, I sealed them with the Testor's decal seal spray. Cut out and applied as normal. I found the decal film a bit thick and rubbery.  The image around the edges deteriorated some, but it was OK for this. I plan to try some different paper next time (hopefully by a different mfg.)

For reference, this is 2.125" high.

I'm really pleased with the results of the 3D printed parts so far.

Thanks Marty, good idea!

lab-dad

Well........just kidding!
Looks great, neat to see the composite images.
Any way to put the computer drawing next to the raw part & finished one?
Would be kinda cool to see the drawing evolve to the model.
Great SBS too.
-Marty

Gordon Ferguson

Gordon

jacq01

That blue 3D model looks very good next to the real one.  ;D ;D ;D  
But why so many photo's of the real one ??  

Jacq

put brain in gear before putting mouth in action.
never underestimate the stupidity of idiots
I am what I remember.

Andi Little

Sublime ................... Simply;- "Sublime".
KBO..................... Andi.

Ken Hamilton

Ken Hamilton
www.wildharemodels.com
http://public.fotki.com/khamilton/models/

Malachi Constant

Ditto, ditto, ditto ... and damn that's good!

Cheers,
Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

Craig_H

Chuck,     Glad to help in your pick of brand Affiliation ;D   The Flying Red Horse...  great choice.    The oil Lubester what can i say ......the color and weathering is just.... Spot On....Look's great ;D ;D ;D  Craig

finescalerr

That is absolutely the most hideous attempt to emulate reality I have ever seen, an embarrassment to all concerned. Disgusting. Revolting. Crude. Immoral.

But not bad.

Russ