• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1/2" Scale project still in progress (somehow)

Started by Chuck Doan, July 20, 2009, 08:55:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eTraxx

Marc, I agree .. it IS rather depressing ..  :-[
Ed Traxler

Lugoff, Camden & Northern RR

Socrates: "I drank WHAT?"

TRAINS1941

Is this the best you can do??

This is were excellent means excellent!!!!!!!!!!

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

shropshire lad

Quote from: marc_reusser on November 01, 2010, 02:23:09 PM
That does it!...I quit!

Marc

Marc ,

If you're quitting can I have your Fantastical Fish ?

Nick

darrylhuffman

And Marc, I still am still lusting after your O scale box springs.

Chuck, I still remember the first time I saw your O scale engine house.  My buddies and I drooled all over the photos.

The amazing fact is that your work continues to improve all the time.

Thanks for sharing.
Darryl Huffman
darrylhuffman@yahoo.com
The search for someone else to blame is always succcessful.

RoughboyModelworks

Perfectionism is indeed a curse, but the results are always worth it. Thanks for this Chuck... it's brilliant.

Pual

Hauk

I repeat myself, but who cares.

This is the gold standard of scale modelling.

-Regards, Haavard
Regards, Hauk
--
"Yet for better or for worse we do love things that bear the marks of grime, soot, and weather, and we love the colors and the sheen that call to mind the past that made them"  -Junichiro Tanizaki

Remembrance Of Trains Past

Chuck Doan

Thanks very much! Hope I don't mess it up again.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

MinerFortyNiner

Quote from: Malachi Constant on September 07, 2010, 09:02:22 AM

I think it looked good ... but I'm still feeling around on the floor for my eyes after my head exploded.  :o

Thanks a lot!  >:( :P 8)
Dallas

After reading this thread over the past two evenings, I am sitting here amazed.  I can't say anything that hasn't already been said, but Dallas came closest to expressing my reaction to this modeling epiphany.  Wondering if I should take up basket weaving...or maybe crochet...I am getting crochety already, does that help?

- Verne Niner
  "Better to light a candle than curse the darkness..."

Gordon Ferguson

Gordon

Chuck Doan

Funny how things spread. I saw that on yet another forum yesterday, and I have some of it on order! Looks very interesting. Thanks for the heads up!
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

RoughboyModelworks

That does look interesting... I noticed in the thread that Virgil says he found it at Michaels. May have to have a look next time I'm near a Michaels.

Paul

gin sot

It's amazing that the paint will craze so finely . . . gonna have to look for that stuff.

Wonder if a dead-flat overcoat would help replicate the chalkiness of crackled paint?  Or does it even need it?

Chuck Doan

Good luck with Michaels. I have a large store near me and they had never heard of it. I ordered some from Amazon.

I have seen both flat and sheeney paint that has crackled.

Mobilgas

I like the effect of that crackled paint :) It looks very promising, ill check my local Michaels and see if they have it?  Craig H
Craig

eTraxx

I went by Michaels yesterday on the way to my sister's. We were going out to eat (Applebees Veterans Day meal thing). I looked around the section with the paints and as Chuck said .. no luck. Later, after a fine meal we stopped by Michaels again. My niece was looking for some scrabooking stuff so I showed her where it was in the store. I wandered over to the next aisle where the stamping materials were .. and .. WOAH .. what do you know! Found the Distressed Crackle Paint. Seems that it is part of a stamp pad art thingie .. go figure.
Ed Traxler

Lugoff, Camden & Northern RR

Socrates: "I drank WHAT?"