• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1/2" Scale project still in progress (somehow)

Started by Chuck Doan, July 20, 2009, 08:55:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philip Smith

Quote from: lab-dad on April 12, 2011, 05:04:16 AM
HE IS A FRIGGIN' SORCERER!
Look how the part is just floating above his fingers!
He didnt build it! He conjured it up with some eye of newt spell!
No fair!..... >:(

that is scary woooooohhooo... just noticed that...
grinnin

Chuck Doan

Jester, I use baking soda in a Badger mini sandblaster to mostly dull things at very low pressure (about 15 PSI) Its a fine line between dulling and removing.

Usually works great, but the surfaces are so flat any touching can leave a shiny spot.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Frederic Testard

Thank you, Chuck.
I wonder if I could make it in Z...

cirederF (I know, I'm just copying from Russ aka ssuR).

PS : Chuck, great power. You might try a Buddhist career in Nepal. :)
Frederic Testard

chester

Quote from: JESTER on April 12, 2011, 07:57:37 AM
Wow Chuck, you are amazing!! Thanks for the inspiration!

What is a "light soda blast"?

-

Isn't that when you wave the cap from the tonic over your gin?

Every time I look at your work Chuck, I turn back towards my work bench and wimper.

Chuck Doan

Thanks Chester, I like that soda application better...another Highball my good man!

I installed the meter box and mast to the wall. Added some cloth wrapped conduit made from squished-to-oval solder with some texture applied with a file. Finished with thickish acrylic paint that I picked at with a toothpick to simulate crumbly insulation. I found numerous photos showing this stuff just looping up thru holes in the siding. Guess it worked. Still needs some clamps though, to bring it up to code.

"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Junior

Excellent Chuck! Adds a nice color contrast to the green and yellow too. As close to reality as it gets. :o AS USUAL! 

Anders ;D

Malachi Constant

Real nice!  And the fake wire is quite convincing.  -- Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

k27rgs

Chuck
Thanks always, for your articles that appear in magazines and forums.
They are a constant reference
Just thought I'd say hi

Mario (Australia )

finescalerr

I would write a glowing compliment but my cat, Mr. Greystoke, is sitting on my hand. -- Russ

artizen

But Russ - you still managed the compliment with the other hand anyway!!!!

This build has become a legend for its detail and accuracy. Not to mention really scary levels of modelling goodness.

If this appears in the annual, I might be tempted to buy a copy.
Ian Hodgkiss
The Steamy Pudding - an English Gentleman's Whimsy in 1:24 scale Gn15 (in progress)
On the Slate and Narrow - in 1:12 scale (coming soon)
Brisbane, Australia

eTraxx

Ed Traxler

Lugoff, Camden & Northern RR

Socrates: "I drank WHAT?"

Mobilgas

Chuck,    Isn't that Electric box so close to the door a safety HAZARD :o ...........  Looking Good !!!
Craig

Philip Smith

Ken Hamilton

That box is so perfrect it's making my head hurt.
Ken Hamilton
www.wildharemodels.com
http://public.fotki.com/khamilton/models/

chester

Only Chuck can make squashed solder a work of art. Maybe just a gob of caulking where it enters the house. They do make cover plates for entrance wires, once stamped galvanized, now plastic of course.