• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1/2" Scale project still in progress (somehow)

Started by Chuck Doan, July 20, 2009, 08:55:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TRAINS1941

You truly are the "MASTER" at making things so real.  Just love all the little details that you keep adding to complete the scene.

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

finescalerr

Normal people would merely shrug at someone who devotes hours to such detail and maybe think he's crazy. But I must be the one who's crazy because it get's my motor running. -- Russ

Philip Smith

It's not often to see traces of paint on rusted nail heads or other remnants of previous wiring remaining on a model. The 3 insulators are a nice touch with the upgrade on the left. Even that tiny stick of wood on the lean-to spells realism!

Patients I suppose?  8)

Philip

Chuck Doan

No, its crazy. But its mostly peaceful crazy. Mostly.

"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

marc_reusser

I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Malachi Constant

Wow, that IS completely insane ... and very well done.  You deserve some nice tapioca and a couple free rounds of bingo ... don't forget to stop at the nurse's station to get your meds.  ;)

(Additionally:  "Holy Crap!" on the manipulation of all the tiny little bits needed to make up that arrangement of wiring and hardware.  Impressive just on that consideration, but the effect of "extra" photo-realism is dramatic with all those "hum-drum" details so carefully arranged.)

Cheers,
Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

Frederic Testard

They made a mistake yesterday at Rome. They should have beatified - and even canonized - Chuck. He accomplishes miracles every week!
Frederic Testard

Ray Dunakin

Once again you've caused my jaw to hit the floor.

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Malachi Constant

Hey Chuck --

Gotta ask ... when you started this project, were you planning to do all these tiny details?  Or did the project just take on a life and will of its own?

Cheers,
Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

Junior

TRAINS1941

Quote from: Frederic Testard on May 02, 2011, 03:43:38 PM
They made a mistake yesterday at Rome. They should have beatified - and even canonized - Chuck. He accomplishes miracles every week!

Has a nice ring to it Saint Charles Doan.  This way we won't have to buy you a wizard hat or wand ;D

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

Chuck Doan

Thanks all, very much! I think sainthood is a bit presumptuous though, especially the part of being put thru a cannon!

Dallas, the whole thing started on a whim with a screen door and has just gone on from there. Pretty poorly planned actually. I keep seeing interesting details that I want to try. You know how it is, like those electrical outlets of yours. Being able to do the 3D printing definitely extended this one though and allowed me to try some details I would have probably passed on otherwise.

Just one more little detail to go and then I will try the hanging sign and be done!

"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

Mr Potato Head

Wow just the screen door got this started?
Canonized ? When I was in High school, our history teacher explained Canonization, unknowing to me at the time, hey I was 14, he said they took the saint and blasted them out of a canon, and that's how that Ringling and Barnum Bailey circus act got started! He even had that as an answer on the test. I have learned since to question authority??? 
MPH
No saint
Gil Flores
In exile in Boise Idaho

Chuck Doan

I finished a telephone ringer for my garage, a detail I noticed on several prototypes. Made from styrene except the 3D printed bells ( I would be hard pressed to turn two identical anythings) In the top photo you can see the radius carving thru Sharpie pen coloring on the styrene box. There was a little clapper ball, but I noticed in the final photos it has fallen off.  >:(

Mobilgas

Chuck,    Nice little touch,  telephone ringer ;) GREAT
Craig