• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1/2" Scale project still in progress (somehow)

Started by Chuck Doan, July 20, 2009, 08:55:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Franck Tavernier

Awesome Chuck, as always! It's a work of art!

Franck

finescalerr

I'm glad you have found a little time on weekends to keep working on this project. It is adequate. -- Russ

TRAINS1941

Quote from: finescalerr on September 27, 2010, 01:52:27 PM
I'm glad you have found a little time on weekends to keep working on this project. It is adequate. -- Russ

Geez Chuck!!!  I thought it was a lot better then adequate. --Russ.

Personally I think it's just another outstanding step toward finishing the pump.  But I guess Russ would have done this in paper, I'll join Nick. ;D

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

Ray Dunakin

Absolutely flawless, in the sense that every real flaw is perfectly portrayed with utmost realism!
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Chuck Doan

Thanks! But.

After a break I came back to my gas pump project and decided I was not happy with the direction it was going. I had made some mistakes that kept bugging me, so like Paul and his Coke cooler I opted for a do-over. This time I was able to get some crackle in the paint, even though I used the exact same process as before. The only difference is the day was cold when I painted, but I don't know if that is the reason. The paint is still mostly failing in nature, but I have done less severe chipping and cut way back on the surface rusting.

I scanned a real Contains Lead sign and printed a homemade decal. This is one time the thick white paper worked out; in fact it is the exact correct thickness. I used Tichy rivets to simulate round head screws. The .020 size was a bit too big, so I sliced off thinner heads. I had to cut about ten before I got four that matched, and I epoxyed them onto the previously applied decal.

There is still the inevitable touch-uping to do, but hopefully the second time will be the charm and I can make some forward progress now.

"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Frederic Testard

It was wonderful. It is wonderful. It will be wonderful.
Frederic Testard

eTraxx

Ed Traxler

Lugoff, Camden & Northern RR

Socrates: "I drank WHAT?"

Ken Hamilton

Yeah.....this pump's better.  That last one was pretty bad.
Ken Hamilton
www.wildharemodels.com
http://public.fotki.com/khamilton/models/

shropshire lad

I agree with , Ken . The last one was dreadful and this one is only marginally better . I think it would benefit from a bit more time being spent on it and not being rushed !

Oh , if only my modelling was this bad , I'd be a happy chappy ,

Nick

lab-dad

You know Chuck.....third times a charm!.... ;)
-Mj

finescalerr

Chuck, don't you ever get tired of surpassing yourself? -- Russ

Junior

This is over the top! Who is even close?  ??? Magnificent ;D

Anders

marc_reusser

I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works