• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1/2" Scale project still in progress (somehow)

Started by Chuck Doan, July 20, 2009, 08:55:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck Doan

Thanks Russ and maybe Marc. At that point in the movie, he was clapping for someone who was awful.  :-\ ;D
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Ray Dunakin

Beautiful! That "arty" shot is great, no way to tell it's a model.

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

TRAINS1941

Chuck

It just gets better with every post.  Hopefully it will be this june.  The leaves can wait!!! :D

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

RoughboyModelworks

WOW.... just gets better every time. Love the "arty" shot... course you realize if you leave the glass off the top sign, you're going to have to put a broken bulb in there... ;)

Paul

Mobilgas

Chuck,     Paul is right .....you got to put a socket and a light bulb broken in that Globe Holder ;)
Craig

DaKra

Yeah, bulb, socket and a big shard of the broken globe still in place.    Anything less is cheating  ;D   

Dave 

Malachi Constant

Quote from: Chuck Doan on December 13, 2010, 07:12:02 AM

Maybe it's just me and/or my faulty eyes ... but the dome over the glass cylinder looks whiter than everything else.  Actually, it looks like a "cooler" white compared to the (seemingly) warmer white on all the other parts.  Nitpicking perfection here, but something about that dome cap just sticks out a little in a slightly odd way.  Can't quite put my finger on what it is .... just mentioning FWIW, if anything.  Not sure.

(And, yes, it's still a pipe dream to get anywhere near this level on my own stuff.  Really amazing.)

Cheers,
Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

JESTER

Quote from: Malachi Constant on December 14, 2010, 08:30:48 AMsomething about that dome cap just sticks out a little in a slightly odd way.

The cap doesn't have the brown rust and streaks like the bottom so it has a cooler look to it.

-

Chuck Doan

Thanks!

On this model pump, the bulb was horizontal under the cap so it lit the gas and the globe. Not too visible.

I did write that the dome was unfinished... ::) ;D  I still need to rust it up. I was just impatient to see what it all looked like.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

Malachi Constant

Quote from: Chuck Doan on December 14, 2010, 09:25:48 AM
I did write that the dome was unfinished... ::) ;D 

Oh crap, don't tell me that this stuff now requires actual reading & comprehension!  I was having so much fun just looking at the pictures. ??? :P

QuoteI still need to rust it up. I was just impatient to see what it all looked like.

Well then, that all makes sense ... and, in the words of Emily Latella ... never mind!  ;)

(With my failure to read and/or comprehend, it actually looked like you missed something.  Couldn't believe that would happen.  Glad it didn't ... would hate to see you start slipping at this point.)  ;D

Cheers,
Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

Chuck Doan

Boy there's an name from the past!

I don't have time to read either Dallas!

finescalerr

Good eye, Tim! I was so dazzled by the overall appearance I never stopped to note inconsistencies. Besides, Chuck always ties everything together to perfection. -- Russ

chester

I only wish my finished looked as good as Chuck's unfinished. But then I know that's been said (and thought) before here.

Mobilgas

Chuck,   The Wayne 615 pump your modeling does only have one light  ??? I thought that wasn't right....it didn't make sense to me that was the only light to light up the glass cylinder and the Gas Globe too?? That globe sits way above that light.....couldn't of lit that globe up to much :(   Being the globe is just sitting there Empty with no lens... no bulb socket.... to me it just doesn't look right...sitting up there bare.....[just a suggestion].... leave it of and put a old coffee can in its place with a rock on top of the can... :) i bought plenty of old farmers pumps... that there was no globe on them but the farmer had a old coffee can over the hole with a rock on it.... to keep out the rain.
Craig

Chuck Doan

Thanks Chester!

Here's part of the plan I was using. My GB T-176 at home has the same setup and it lit the globe fine. I have seen other pumps with a socket up inside the globe though.

Since this plan shows the little beanie cap, I'm wondering if there was a different setup for the Wayne if there was a globe? Hmmm.

Anyway, the coffee can idea is great, but I have already glued the globe holder to the dome. :(