• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1/2" Scale project still in progress (somehow)

Started by Chuck Doan, July 20, 2009, 08:55:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andi Little

I know it sounds faintly ridiculous............

But the thing it has gained to my eyes is nothing less esoteric than a "heartbeat"!! Now it's no stretch to wait for the bird to flit through the scene, or see an insect scamper across a surface.

It now carries a spark!!
KBO..................... Andi.

Malachi Constant

Quote from: Chuck Doan on May 06, 2013, 08:25:25 AM
It's interesting to me how a simple thing can change the feel of a scene so much.

It certainly does!  And as Andi noted, gives a sense of life to the images ... damn cool!  -- Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

danpickard

I don't know...I've been looking at those two new shadowed images for about half an hour, and still can't find anything wrong with them  ;)

Freakin awesome!

Cheers,
Dan

lab-dad

QuoteI received my garage dio back from my Dad for some cleaning this weekend

"Cleaning"?
Seriously Chuck?
I think he wants you to paint the walls, fix the screen and mow the weeds!
That place sure could use some tidying up!  ;D :P

Always nice to see a different version of a beloved project.
Is it in a case?

-Marty

Chuck Doan

Thanks very much for the nice words! The shadows do bring some kind of life in. Makes it look like a nice place to pull over and stop (well at least to me).

Marty, it is in a case, but the clear front gets static dust on the inside. It's been in there 2 years now, I don't know where the time goes.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

TRAINS1941

Quote from: Chuck Doan on May 07, 2013, 07:18:11 AM
Thanks very much for the nice words! The shadows do bring some kind of life in. Makes it look like a nice place to pull over and stop (well at least to me).

It reminds me of when I was a kid (many,many years ago)  Traveling through small towns in NY state to go vacation with my parents.  Kind of miss seeing places like that.

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

Barney

Speechless and started to dribble again !! It's alive
Barney

Mobilgas

Chuck,   I really like what you did adding the shadows....it just adds some much to the building.  On the other hand I'm going to the township offices and make a written complaint early Monday morning about this building being the Eye-sore that it is  :( the owner needs to start fixing this building up... everybody on the street is complaining >:(
Craig

michael mott

Chuck, I check in and you raise the bar again, I am tall but it is beginning to be a bit of a pain in the A@# to keep reaching up so high!!!!

michael

finescalerr

Good grief. The man adds a shadow to a model he finished 18 months ago and everybody (including me) goes nuts. How humiliating, especially since if I added a shadow to one of my models, it would earn nothing more than a yawn. -- Russ

shropshire lad

Quote from: finescalerr on May 19, 2013, 12:59:37 AM
Good grief. The man adds a shadow to a model he finished 18 months ago and everybody (including me) goes nuts. How humiliating, especially since if I added a shadow to one of my models, it would earn nothing more than a yawn. -- Russ

Ain't life a bitch .

finescalerr

You are so cruel. So terribly cruel. -- Russ

shropshire lad

Quote from: finescalerr on May 19, 2013, 01:09:26 AM
You are so cruel. So terribly cruel. -- Russ

Cruel , but kind (for your own good ) .

Marc988

Nohting more to add other than this is the only thread where after more than a year "someone" posts 2 pictures of the same thing and I am busy reading the thread (again) for an hour !!

Looking foward for the next photo in e.g. some scale rain in lets say 6 months ?!   ;D

marc_reusser

If he can pull-off scale rain, I will truly worship him as a Modeling God. :O
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works