• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Call me what you want , but don't call me mad

Started by shropshire lad, September 06, 2009, 04:14:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jacq01

I just heard from Marcel,

he had to cancel his participation in Stromberg. He lost his footings in the garden and has torn the ligaments in his left elbow.  His arm is in plaster.   As a lefthander this is of course a "double" problem.
  This means the meeting in Stromberg is cancelled :( :( :'(

Jacq
put brain in gear before putting mouth in action.
never underestimate the stupidity of idiots
I am what I remember.

marc_reusser

Jacq,
If you speak to Marcel, please give him my best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Dan:
Marcel's work can also be seen here on the Shmallspur forum, where he is one of the moderators:
http://www.kostenloses-forum.com/board/index,nxu,01642644nx1878.html
...there is some nice work by others there, as well as very good info by the likes of Rolf Tonner, Kalle, and sim others.

Nick:
Not so sure about that joint between the wall and the chimney..... ;) ;D

Marc
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

lab-dad

pant, pant......Sorry I am late.
Taking a vacation sure kicks a hole in my "spare time" and now Nick is posting on a regular basis!!!! :o
Next thing you know Marc will finish something!

Anyway, looks great Nick! can we get some castings made from molds of the project?
Preferably before you do the mortar?

-Marty

shropshire lad

Marc ,

The reason for the large joint between the chimney and wall is that the builders who laid the foundations for the shed didn't put enough cement in the concrete and as a result the building is suffering from subsidence . Either that , or I just loosely pushed them together for the shot and they'll be glued together properly when it is finished . Which looks like after I've taken a mold of the building , because some pesky person can't be bothered to build one for himself and wants me to make his life even easier than it is now .

Oh , talk of the devil , Hi Ya Marty . Did you have a nice time on Montana . It doesn't sound like you had a very relaxing time if you were walking for 14 hours a day . What's up couldn't you afford the bus fare ?

I had been thinking of making a mold of it , but didn't think it would be of any use to anyone else . It is really a 1/32nd building rather than a 1/35th scale one but don't tell anyone .

As I have been rather verbose of late , any one interested in seeing my static grass applicator that cost less than a tenner ? Be that , 10 dollars , 10 Euros or even 10 pounds .

Nick

jacq01

Nick,

are  you also one of those that wrecked the electronic fly killer and linked it to a tea seeve ?
   please show your grass erector so we can judge it's merrits.

Jacq
put brain in gear before putting mouth in action.
never underestimate the stupidity of idiots
I am what I remember.

Chuck Doan

Indeed! We are always looking for new ways to get it up.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

finescalerr

Nick, you seem unusually troubled. It is sad to see a modeler of such talent emotionally disintegrate before an international audience. Nonetheless I find your bewildering posts most amusing. That comment about Marty not being able to afford the bus fare was priceless. Henceforth, please adorn your verbal antics with photos of your modeling antics. In other words, build more stuff! -- Russ

TRAINS1941

Russ

Your handy with a camera maybe you should take a group picture.  Your all crazy, even if your modeling is excellent!! ;D

Jerry

Nick never mind the bricks were is the ripper standing these days, Diane is waiting.  And St Louis is to far off!!!!
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

shropshire lad

Quote from: jacq01 on September 15, 2009, 11:30:06 AM

Nick,

are  you also one of those that wrecked the electronic fly killer and linked it to a tea seeve ?
   please show your grass erector so we can judge it's merrits.

Jacq

Jacq ,

Yes , indeedy, I certainly am one of those fly killer wreckers . They are simplicity itself to make , because even I managed it . I'll take some photos later .

Chuck ,

Let us know how you get on with yours when you've made one . But don't bother with the photos !

Russ ,

I am building stuff , but at one brick at a time progress isn't that rapid .

Anyway , what are you building at the moment ? Your  public want to know .

Jerry ,

I know , I know . I'm on to it .

finescalerr

I am still trying to devise a better way to model with cardstock so why should I build anything? I have delusions of discovering how to build a more realistic card model than any I have built so far. And the only reason I waste my efforts and time is because the goal is so damned elusive. If it were either easy or obviously impossible I would have reverted to wood and styrene long ago.

Besides, I must attend the National Narrow Gauge Convention in Colorado Springs. We will be leaving later today (after I get some sleep) and return in a couple of days, I hope with some photos of great models whose builders will want me to publish them. This may well be my last post until Sunday.

Please keep up the excellent modeling and rampant insanity and I'll try to catch up when I return.

Russ

RoughboyModelworks

Well Russ, speaking for myself, rampant insanity is not a problem  ;).  Have a safe and productive trip to the convention.

Paul

marc_reusser

Yehaaa....ding-dong, Russ is gone!.....When the cat's away....... ;D ;D

Now the lunatics can run the assylum....... ;D

M
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

shropshire lad

Quote from: marc_reusser on September 16, 2009, 09:50:45 PM
Yehaaa....ding-dong, Russ is gone!.....When the cat's away....... ;D ;D

Now the lunatics can run the assylum....... ;D

M

Will there be any noticable difference  ?

danpickard

Might go to bed tonight with a bottle of MEK open on the bedside table and see if I feel any different in the morning?  ;D :o :o :o.... ???

Dan

shropshire lad

Quote from: danpickard on September 17, 2009, 06:00:07 AM
Might go to bed tonight with a bottle of MEK open on the bedside table and see if I feel any different in the morning?  ;D :o :o :o.... ???

Dan

Dan ,

If that doesn't work , try rubbing some on your chest ,

nick