• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Call me what you want , but don't call me mad

Started by shropshire lad, September 06, 2009, 04:14:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danpickard

Well, just woke up...don't feel any different.
Maybe the glue insanity is already firmly installed and the madness is just part of everyday life now...

I guess I just go to work, drive past the same 4-5 buildings and have those same wild visions about how good they could look as a model (delusions of grandeur?).
Then I will spend half my shift picking up the vast array of medical supplies in the storeroom, going off to my "other place", trying to picture in my mind what else they could possibly look like in 1:48.
I'll draw the line at coming home from work, going to my hobby room, and imagining I'm only 1.5" tall, and starting a relationship with the hot looking white metal chicks in the figures collection!!!!!! ;D

How's the brickworks coming along then?

Dan

RoughboyModelworks

Quote from: shropshire lad on September 16, 2009, 11:07:42 PM
Quote from: marc_reusser on September 16, 2009, 09:50:45 PM
Yehaaa....ding-dong, Russ is gone!.....When the cat's away....... ;D ;D

Now the lunatics can run the assylum....... ;D

M

Will there be any noticable difference  ?

Aah... no ;D

"Hot looking white metal chicks..." Dan I think you need some time off  ;)

Paul

John McGuyer

marc_reusser

Would those chicks be considered "heavy metal chicks"...woohoo!

M
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

RoughboyModelworks

Could be... I hear if you rub them in the right spot, they buff up nicely... :o

Paul

jacq01

put brain in gear before putting mouth in action.
never underestimate the stupidity of idiots
I am what I remember.

danpickard

Geez, bunch of classy modellers we have here isn't it!
NNGC is only on for one more day...do we have to remove the slightly off topic slant to the "one brick at a time" beginings here before russ gets home?  I guess we could just blame Nick... technically speaking he started it ;)

Dan

(Marc, be careful calling them "heavy", they might twist that into thinking you meant fat, and thats a whole different ball game you really don't want to be playing!! ;D )

John McGuyer

Just don't tell Unc that they have 'thong bikini's' or he'll be trying to find out where to order.

John

shropshire lad

Quote from: danpickard on September 19, 2009, 03:02:29 PM
Geez, bunch of classy modellers we have here isn't it!
NNGC is only on for one more day...do we have to remove the slightly off topic slant to the "one brick at a time" beginings here before russ gets home?  I guess we could just blame Nick... technically speaking he started it ;)

Dan

Yeah , that's right , blame me . Let stoopid Nick carry the can .

By the way , Mr. Fluffykins is back , so you had better clear this place up and get rid of the girls . And it's your turn to pay for them !

Nick

shropshire lad

Getting back to the main topic of this thread , I have just returned from Euro Militaire where I bought some bricks that compare very favourably with the ones I have been using . For less than half the price . Bloody typical .

However , I can't use them on the same building as they are slightly different in size and colour . Nevermind , I'm sure they'll get used somewhere .

Nick

Chuck Doan

Isn't it possible that a repaired section might have some different colour bricks?

Heavy metal chicks...well done!
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

shropshire lad

Quote from: Chuck Doan on September 21, 2009, 09:01:11 AM
Isn't it possible that a repaired section might have some different colour bricks?

Chuck ,

Yes, it is perfectly possible to have a repaired section with different bricks , and it may come to it if the next batch of bricks doesn't arrive in a timely manner . What I might do is block one of the window openings up with the new bricks . I had thought about making some blocks and using them , but bricks would work just as well .

Nick

finescalerr

The only thing "fluffy" about me is my mink engineer's cap. Now all of you quit goofing around and get back to the grindstone! Demerits will be handed out after class. Nick, report to the headmaster's office! -- Russ

shropshire lad

Quote from: finescalerr on September 21, 2009, 01:29:06 PM
The only thing "fluffy" about me is my mink engineer's cap. Now all of you quit goofing around and get back to the grindstone! Demerits will be handed out after class. Nick, report to the headmaster's office! -- Russ

Please , Sir , it were Pickard Minor . Not me . He started it .

Would that be a Pink Mink Cap ?  Can we see a photo ?

Nick

finescalerr

Yes, the damned thing is pink. I had asked for Hot Red but my mom washed it with bleach before giving it to me. -- Russ