• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Call me what you want , but don't call me mad

Started by shropshire lad, September 06, 2009, 04:14:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

artizen

So I understand from your reply about the Confusion is that you are now going SMALL SCALE?

And I am now as I type this waiting for the postie to bring me my silicone mould material to make accurate bricks for my Gn15 layout!!!!

My wife still doesn't get it. My kids have never understood me either. Modelling - it's like scrapbooking, you do it in a quiet space at your own pace because no-one else understands what it is all about unless it is another modeller or scrapbooker. No wonder I call it SMB (Secret Men's Business).  ;D
Ian Hodgkiss
The Steamy Pudding - an English Gentleman's Whimsy in 1:24 scale Gn15 (in progress)
On the Slate and Narrow - in 1:12 scale (coming soon)
Brisbane, Australia

Gordon Ferguson

OK Nick,

I admit it you got me "hook, line & sinker"

I read the whole thread, although I did have to go and lie in a dark room a couple of times. If I have summarised the 15 pages correctly then;-

I can only get these bricks if I have a German mother in-law, after the divorce and remarriage if I have any money left I need to change it in to Euros and travel to Germany to purchase them. Once bought I need to find some HO 6x1 for the mortar lines, unfortunately not available in UK but I might pick some up in the States? All other sources of 1/35 bricks are rubbish, although if I attend Euro Militaire I might find a mythical supplier at half the price of the German bricks  but just as good.

Have I got this right so far?

I feel an almost overwhelming debt of gratitude to you for helping me out this way  ;D

Anyway your sheds are still great, and the cement mixer would actually look good abandoned down the side amongst the overgrown grass.

Of to lie down again.
Gordon

shropshire lad

Gordon ,

Nobody said modelling in this scale was easy , if you want that , 0n30 is the scale for you . That is why there are only a few 1/35th scale railway modellers about at the moment . We operate on the fringes of decent society where few normal people dare to go .

Are you normal ? Or are you one of the few ? The choice is yours .

Nick

Gordon Ferguson

Quote from: shropshire lad on April 05, 2011, 01:22:39 AM

Are you normal ? Or are you one of the few ? The choice is yours .

Nick

Think I'll leave it to my current wife answer that!

However as a clue I have ordered up a few 1/35 bricks, as I will need somewhere to put my one 1/35 model
Gordon

eTraxx

... for some reason .. the phrase .. "... a few bricks short of a full load .." .. just popped into my head. Donno where it came from ..
Ed Traxler

Lugoff, Camden & Northern RR

Socrates: "I drank WHAT?"

Malachi Constant

Hmm ... seems to give me a musical interlude ...

The elastic retreat rings the close of the play as the last wave uncovers
the newfangled way.
But your new shoes are worn at the heels and
your suntan does rapidly peel and
your wise men don't know how it feels to be thick as a brick.

(Add many extra syllables to heels, peel and feels.)  ;)  -- Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

eTraxx

Ed Traxler

Lugoff, Camden & Northern RR

Socrates: "I drank WHAT?"

Philip Smith