• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Call me what you want , but don't call me mad

Started by shropshire lad, September 06, 2009, 04:14:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shropshire lad

Ok , I finally got the photographic plates back from the developer so I can show you what I have been up to recently .

These are definitely " warts'n'all" shots so any dodgy bits or glaring cock ups will be sorted .

Nick

shropshire lad

A couple more

shropshire lad

shropshire lad

shropshire lad

And finally .

You might notice the texture of the bricks on the left hand shed is not as rough as the one on the right . This , as I mentioned earlier , is because the mold got damaged slightly when removing the master bricks . I am not to disappointed by that . I couldn't wait to finish all the bricks before seeing how the mortar would look , so I tried it on one wall . With a bit more fiddling it should be ok ( from about 10 feet!) .

Nick

danpickard

Hi Nick,
I really like the added roughness of the home cast bricks, adds a bit of individual character to the wall.  The motar work fills it out nicely, and I like some of the damp rising marks against the lower brick courses.  I imagine putting a srtucture together 1 brick at a time, although perhaps a bit tedious, would also be quite rewarding, and also give a lot better control over the final look of the building, as opposed to working with a precast brick wall.

Cheers,
Dan

marc_reusser

Very nice Nick...I really like the results you are getting, and the overall look.

I would be curious to see what your mold looks like.

MR
BTW. Like the locos too.
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

finescalerr

Warts, huh? I don't see any warts. What I see is some damned fine brickwork. When you add the mortar it really looks nice.

You certainly made us wait long enough for the photos ....

Russ

Krusty

Quite apart from the colour and texture, it's great to see brickwork that doesn't have rounded corners for a change.

Locos are kewl too.
Kevin Crosado

"Caroline Wheeler's birthday present was made from the skins of dead Jim Morrisons
That's why it smelt so bad"

lab-dad

finally!
very nice! would love to see the mold as well.
glad it is going so well.
-Marty

shropshire lad

Quote from: finescalerr on November 30, 2009, 01:00:56 AM

You certainly made us wait long enough for the photos ....

Russ

There's no pleasing some people .

Marc and Marty  ( or should that be Marty and Marc ? Or just M&M ? ) ,

Well , you haven't had to wait very long for this photo , though I'm not to sure why you want to see it . I assume this is what you were both asking to see ?

Nick

finescalerr

Sure took you forever to post that photo of the mold, Nick. Come on, man, let's step on the gas!

Thanks for the photo. I'm really impressed with the structures so far.

Russ

TRAINS1941

Nick

Great photo's.  The brick work is excellent.  Now when do we see the comp;ete building or do we have to wait until next year!!!!

Jerry

BTW as Marc said nice loco's
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

shropshire lad

Quote from: TRAINS1941 on November 30, 2009, 03:28:25 PM
Nick

Great photo's.  The brick work is excellent.  Now when do we see the comp;ete building or do we have to wait until next year!!

Jerry ,

I wasn't thinking of going that quickly . You'll be expecting me to complete the diorama next . You're as demanding as Russberg !

Thanks for the favourable comments , Boys .

Nick

marc_reusser

I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works