• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Call me what you want , but don't call me mad

Started by shropshire lad, September 06, 2009, 04:14:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mobilgas

Nick,   thanks for the offer    No.. im not that much in a hurry to get the bricks.  I would need to know what the cost would be?  i would like to order some 1/45 and 1/24 bricks. are you in the states? dosent say in profile.
  Craig   

Belg

Craig, Nick is an English gentleman, oohhh my side hurts from trying to keep a straight face while typing that line. Nick ol'man the build is really coming along very nicely. The window example with the thin wooden lentil and the bricks coming away from above is a great detail, but your right it looks like it would be right up Marcel's alley. I originally thought it was a shot of his work. Happy new year buddy, Pat.

shropshire lad

Quote from: Belg on December 30, 2009, 01:54:20 PM
Craig, Nick is an English gentleman, oohhh my side hurts from trying to keep a straight face while typing that line. Nick ol'man the build is really coming along very nicely. The window example with the thin wooden lentil and the bricks coming away from above is a great detail, but your right it looks like it would be right up Marcel's alley. I originally thought it was a shot of his work. Happy new year buddy, Pat.

I think a  bit respect  is called for , Master Patrick , don't you ?  If you weren't so damned tall I'd have my Man give you a sound thrashing for your impudence .

I have made a bit more progress with doors and tar paper roof for the right hand shed , but the results are not in the Chuck Reusser league so I might redo them .

Happy New Year to you as well , you Scallywag ,

Nick

marc_reusser

Quote.......but the results are not in the Chuck Reusser league so I might redo them .

Nick

Lies, distortions ....if excuses were a drug, you'd be high all the time! ;) ;D

Happy Sodding New Year!

MR
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

marc_reusser

Nick,

I know not relevant to the thread...but didn't know where to put this for you.  I know you're always on the look-out for 1/35 resin civilian figures....and you may already know of these...but just in case:

The french company MK35, has 5 pages of 1/35 civil. figs., some are better than others, (and quite reasonably priced) but most seem to be very useable for RR and it's environ, applications.
http://www.mk35.com/index.phpoption=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=18&keyword=&manufacturer_id=0&Itemid=1&orderby=product_name&limit=15&limitstart=0

On the left of the page select "1/35" and then select Civilian Figures.  They have a pretty cool resin tractor kit as well...but at 55 Euros, the $ conversion is a bit steep at the moment.

MR
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

shropshire lad

Marc ,

And a Happy Bloody Sodding New Year to you as well .

That you for the link to the MK35 website . I am familiar with their products , and I have a few of their figures awaiting painting , but I appreciate you taking the time to tell me about them . I have also been tempted by their tractor , which ironically I spotted the day after I ordered one of Plus Models Lanz Bulldog tractor kits , but as yet haven't done any thing about yet . The Lanz kit itself was about £40 , which makes it good value compared to 55 Euros for the MK tractor .
  You are right some of the figures are better than others . And some of the poses are a bit dubious . I'm pretty sure that I won't be able to find a place on any of my fantastic masterpieces ( there you go , another lie!) for a woman having a pee or a man washing his feet in a fountain , but there are plenty of  other figures that could be useful .  Looking through their catalogue I also realised where Dave Revelia got his figures for one of his large scale dioramas .

Nick

shropshire lad

Hi Gang ,

It has been a week or two ( understatement of the year) since I posted an update . So here it is. An update .

Nick

shropshire lad

A few more

shropshire lad

More of the same

james_coldicott

Hi Nick,

now that is looking very nice. As ever I REALLY like that brickwork. Have you done an SBS on the process of bricklaying (in model form), I may have missed it as I'm fairly new to the forum. Would love to see how you achieve your colouring and pointing.

Catch you later

James

shropshire lad

Quote from: james_coldicott on March 03, 2010, 10:59:35 AM
Hi Nick,

now that is looking very nice. As ever I REALLY like that brickwork. Have you done an SBS on the process of bricklaying (in model form), I may have missed it as I'm fairly new to the forum. Would love to see how you achieve your colouring and pointing.

Catch you later

James

James ,

Just read this thread from page 1 . I haven't done a SBS as I guessed it would be fairly self explanitary and if I did you would all be as clever as me . Only joking .

Painting and mortaring is pretty easy . Just used water colours of suitable shades for bricks and white plaster slurry as mortar.    Simples !

Nick

TRAINS1941

Nick

I must say you don't post often but when you do..  You actually have something to say.
Beautiful brick work.

How is the family?  And I heard on the Scotty Mason Podcast (you remember him) CSS2010 is going to have the pleasure of the two guys from Australia Laurie Green & John Hunter.

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

lab-dad

Quite lovely!
A great accomplishment! You should be proud, I know I am having taught you everything you know about brick laying and masonry.
-Marty

shropshire lad

Quote from: lab-dad on March 03, 2010, 11:52:37 AM
Quite lovely!
A great accomplishment! You should be proud, I know I am having taught you everything you know about brick laying and masonry.
-Marty

You are right and I thank my lucky stars daily that you were so generous with your time and knowledge. You must show the other chaps here some of your fine work in the masonry department , I'm sure they will be highly impressed .

Nick the Apprentice

Frederic Testard

QuoteYou are right and I thank my lucky stars daily that you were so generous with your time and knowledge.
Well, so, who must we congratulate, then, for your excellent work?
Frederic Testard