• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Work in progress: Westinghouse boxcab electric

Started by Hauk, September 09, 2009, 03:11:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hauk

Quote from: Junior on April 08, 2012, 07:13:11 AM
Fantastic work Hauk :o! Hope to see it live AGAIN at the Norra Sandby show in October.

Anders

Plane tickets are booked, so I will be there!
Really look forward to see your workshop.

Regards, Hauk
Regards, Hauk
--
"Yet for better or for worse we do love things that bear the marks of grime, soot, and weather, and we love the colors and the sheen that call to mind the past that made them"  -Junichiro Tanizaki

Remembrance Of Trains Past

JohnTolcher

Beautiful! Such a lovely piece, I envy what you've achieved here!
Cheers
John in Australia

shropshire lad

Quote from: JohnTolcher on April 08, 2012, 10:25:17 PM

And we all envy what you have achieved with your modelling . In fact this whole forum is built on envy !

Hauk ,

Wonderfully modelling ( I think of it more as engineering ) and the paintwork is just right . You should be very pleased with what you have built ,

Nick

Hauk

Quote from: shropshire lad on April 09, 2012, 12:22:15 AM
Quote from: JohnTolcher on April 08, 2012, 10:25:17 PM

And we all envy what you have achieved with your modelling . In fact this whole forum is built on envy !

Hauk ,

Wonderfully modelling ( I think of it more as engineering ) and the paintwork is just right . You should be very pleased with what you have built ,

Nick

Thanks for the praise, but I really have to disagree with the claim that this form is built on envy.

In my opinion, this forum is built on the love and respect of craftsmanship and the joy of sharing.

Regards, Hauk
PS: OK, I have to admit that  I  envy John´s painting skills just a little bit. That WWI tank...
Regards, Hauk
--
"Yet for better or for worse we do love things that bear the marks of grime, soot, and weather, and we love the colors and the sheen that call to mind the past that made them"  -Junichiro Tanizaki

Terry Harper

Stunning!!   ;D  To me the paint and weathering looks perfect for a well maintained working locomotive. Nothing over the top - just absolutly, spot on perfect!
I can't wait to see your next project.

Gordon Ferguson

Hauk, I'm a bit late in adding my congratulations to lovely looking outcome to this build.....most of the time I have just been stunned with what you achieved during this build, the pantograph being one of my favourite bits.

It has been great lesson on what can be achieved using new techniques & materials when you are brave enough and persistent as you have been in looking always to achieve the highest quality and not accepting anything less.

So what is next?
Gordon

Hauk

Regards, Hauk
--

Chuck Doan

That came out beautifully! So crisp and cleanly made. The weathering is fine, it helps hi-light the excellent construction. Great job!

"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

shropshire lad

finescalerr

Like a beautiful girl in a thong bikini? -- ssuR

W.P. Rayner

finescalerr

Gordon Ferguson

Hauk,

Great article in the Narrow Gauge & Industrial Review ...... both Interesting and informative, the construction of the pantograph remains a wonder to me ( and now I find out you made two of them!)

The last two photographs of the model are in the Mr Doan class
Gordon

Barney

Wow still dribbling -inspiration to blow your mind !!
Barney

Marc988

Very nice and a great subject !!

Do you have an idea yet on what you are going to use for track work ?