• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

first picture post 1930's mobil gas station

Started by mobilgas, September 28, 2009, 03:08:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoughboyModelworks

Craig:

Photoshop is the way to go for image manipulation and preparing photos for the web. Use your 10 mega pixel camera for all your shots, think of it as getting more information to work with. Photoshop doesn't care one way or the other. The  deal is, the better the original image, the better the smaller, low res versions will be. Photoshop has a "Save for Web" function that you can use to save your  photos for posting on the forum. It has a size panel, just specify the desired size there. I've been using Photoshop since the very first release (though I'm stuck now on CS2 version, computer's not powerful enough to handle CS3 or CS4) so will be happy to answer any questions you might have.

Paul

mobilgas

Paul,   thanks for some more info. im going to try and  use photoshop tommorow want to take some more pic's tommorow and post some. without any help this time. hope it goes smooth for me. old dog trying to learn new tricks. ;)   Craig

Krusty

QuoteI've been using Photoshop since the very first release (though I'm stuck now on CS2 version, computer's not powerful enough to handle CS3 or CS4)

Paul

If it makes you feel better, you're not missing all that much with CS4. The new interface is a dog's breakfast and some potentially useful things like focus stacking and seam carving are still very much works in progress. I still have to keep CS2 around for some work. On the whole it's still a bit of an improvement on the 1.04 I started with though.
Kevin Crosado

"Caroline Wheeler's birthday present was made from the skins of dead Jim Morrisons
That's why it smelt so bad"

finescalerr

I've been working with Photoshop for a LONG time and can say with some assurance you don't have to upgrade each time they come out with a new version for the reasons Krusty states. When you get a new computer, upgrade to CS5 or 6. I'm fine with CS3 and even wondered whether it was worth the upgrade from CS1. It's becoming bloatware. -- Russ

marc_reusser

Heck...I amstill using Photoshop 6.0  :o...and seems to do just fine for most everything I need. I am pretty sure that the inexpensive Photoshop lite version that is out there does more than mine.  ::) :-\ ;D

Marc
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

MrBrownstone

Hey Guy's

I have adobe photoshop 7 pro and also Jasc Paintshop Pro an I have found very little if any difference in the tools/filters available... the only difference I found was the price. (paint shop pro is so much easier to use/learn it also comes with animation shop pro) (and it is about 100 usd compared to the way over priced photoshop)

couple of screen shots "jasc paintshop pro"

Just my 2 cents worth

Mike

RoughboyModelworks

Quote from: Krusty on September 30, 2009, 04:30:14 AM
If it makes you feel better, you're not missing all that much with CS4. The new interface is a dog's breakfast and some potentially useful things like focus stacking and seam carving are still very much works in progress. I still have to keep CS2 around for some work. On the whole it's still a bit of an improvement on the 1.04 I started with though.

Krusty: It's only the software junky side of me that wishes I could upgrade  ;). CS2 does absolutely everything I need and does it well. Other than satisfying my junky side, there's absolutely no reason to upgrade. Besides, admitting it is the first step to recovery... :D :D

Russ: you are definitely right on the bloatware statement. That seems to apply to almost all software apps and operating systems these days. At the risk of appearing older than I pretend to be, I remember when all my apps fit on a single-sided floppy disk and there was room left over for the data files! Times sure have changed...

Paul

mobilgas

a few more pic's showing overall size of gas station....most of it is in early stages just pulled this project out of moth-ball's haven't touched this in 15 YEARS :-[ shame on me] let me know what your thoughts are.  Craig  Mich

mobilgas

mobilgas

mobilgas

mobilgas

mobilgas

more   SORRY FOR POSTING TO MANY POST'S  i was trying to fit four pictures on one post but was haveing trouble.  Craig

MrBrownstone

Hey Craig,

I like the tilting windows in the doors... nice touch
and the kid with the toy cars is cool too.

the whole thing looks like it is going to be a great model

I will follow this build...keep'em comming... maybe some SBS too?

Mike

mobilgas

Mike,   i wanted to do a mini-scene with the kid's pretending to put air in there tires, and water in the rad's ill have water spilled over one of the grill's on the mack-truck so there will be water on the ground, and the air hose laying on the ground buy a tire ::) the windows in the one pair of doors open and close as will the side and back windows, will have to add latches to them, the red pedal car wheel came off when i was setting it up for the photo :-[  i got a-little carried away with the pedal cars years ago [ the red one has working headlight's] i dont know if you can see the wires under the car?? they were crude when i got them, had to do alot of work to make them look like they do.  Craig