• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Flight of Fancy

Started by Younger, October 01, 2009, 02:53:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Younger

Inspired by the photos of the Japanese Kiso Forest cabooses, and fellow Terrapin Yoshi Ueda's free lance version, I thought I'd try to freelance a similar one for my 3/8n2 Terrapin Tram.

Scrounging through my stuff, I found some CHB disconnect pedestals (On3), some Precision Scale wheels that scale to 18" in 1:32, and some PCS link and pin couplers (1/2 inch scale). So here's a start:
-Younger

Ken Hamilton

Looks like a fun project, Younger. The small size is ripe for super-detailing.
Kepp us posted.
Ken Hamilton
www.wildharemodels.com
http://public.fotki.com/khamilton/models/

John McGuyer

Sacred defecation! An outhouse with wheels.

John

NORCALLOGGER

Cool looking project.
That thing is so small you have to spell it with 1 "o"
as in cabose.
Later
Rick Marty

Ray Dunakin

Cool project. I've always liked those micro cabooses.

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Younger

Working on the walls for the freelance caboose, I had a little trial and error along the way, you don't always get it right the first time!

However, I prevailed, and here are the side and end walls. Notice a single window and offset door, instead of two windows and a centered door.

Next step is to assemble partially, paint, and add window glass, then finish assembly. More to come.
-Younger
-Younger

lab-dad

your a cheater <big grin> ;D ;D ;D

Younger

No John, THIS is an outhouse with wheels!

Here are the caboose body halves completed and in primer. Next steps are to paint the interior, cure, assemble the two halves, paint the exterior, and add the glass. You may wonder about the background. It's the hood of my truck, in the shade.
-Younger
-Younger

Younger

Here is the finished caboose. There is a cushioned bench inside. The roofing is paper surgical tape, painted grimy black. The outside is Floquil Boxcar Red from a rattlecan, and the interior is industrial gray (Mr. Surfacer 1200 primer).
-Younger

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

finescalerr

Another very neat and adequate model, Jerry. Now quit messing around and let's build a 1:32 Plymouth! -- Russ

jacq01

QuoteNo John, THIS is an outhouse with wheels!
with brakewheel  ;D ;D ;D

very well done. 

Jacq
put brain in gear before putting mouth in action.
never underestimate the stupidity of idiots
I am what I remember.

Younger

Thanks, guys, a fun a quick project.
-Younger
-Younger

John McGuyer

Just don't slam on those brakes too hard. You don't want to splash!

John

marc_reusser

Jerry,

Nice and clean build..... as expected from you! ;)

The seat inside looks upholstered...what did you use for that?

M
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works