• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

This weekend´s find

Started by Hauk, October 11, 2009, 01:24:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken Hamilton

Ken Hamilton
www.wildharemodels.com
http://public.fotki.com/khamilton/models/

JohnP

Nice prototype, nice model. You got the proportions just right.

That is a pony Pratt truss.  It is a pony because the top is not braced, rather the angled side braces keep the trusses from twisting and collapsing.

John
John Palecki

Hauk

Thanks a lot for all the encouragement!
Hope to be able to show the finished thing late next week.

Regards, Hauk
Regards, Hauk
--
"Yet for better or for worse we do love things that bear the marks of grime, soot, and weather, and we love the colors and the sheen that call to mind the past that made them"  -Junichiro Tanizaki

Remembrance Of Trains Past

Hauk

The bridge is now finsihed! Yay. (Ok, a second plank in the railing has been added since the first photo, and a little more weathering is probably needed as well)

The location of the bridge is on the second level of a two-level layout and very close to the edge of the layout, so it is very much a foreground model.

By the way, I think the bus company will rearrange their route a bit so they do not have to cross the bridge with their spanking new Mercedes tourbus!

Regards, Hauk
Regards, Hauk
--
"Yet for better or for worse we do love things that bear the marks of grime, soot, and weather, and we love the colors and the sheen that call to mind the past that made them"  -Junichiro Tanizaki

finescalerr

TRAINS1941

Havard

Excellent modeling.  That is going to be one nice looking scene.

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

jacq01

Havard,

very wel done.  Will there be a Faller car system installed on the layout ?  If so, where will you put the guide wire ?

Jacq
put brain in gear before putting mouth in action.
never underestimate the stupidity of idiots
I am what I remember.

Chuck Doan

Came out nice, Havard! Good to see attention spent on a road bridge.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Hauk

Quote from: jacq01 on February 09, 2011, 06:07:50 AM

Havard,

very wel done.  Will there be a Faller car system installed on the layout ?  If so, where will you put the guide wire ?

Jacq

Thanks for the kind words!

No Faller system planned, nobody have showed an interest in it. But it is a really nice concept, and done right it can be very convincing. I dont think our scenes are too well suited. Most of the roads goes right of the layout´s edge...
Regards, Hauk
--

Hauk

Quote from: Chuck Doan on February 09, 2011, 07:12:25 AM
Came out nice, Havard! Good to see attention spent on a road bridge.

Thanks!
As years go by I tend to put more and more emphasis on the "Model" and not so much on the "Railroader" part.

But there are a lot of people running around flashing soldering guns and rolls of wire in brght colors, so I guess they are planning to run trains on our big diorama eventually.

Regards, Hauk.
Regards, Hauk
--

Frederic Testard

The bridge is very nice, and the shot of the diorama suggests you'll finish with some interesting relief and, hopefully, scenery.
Frederic Testard

Philip Smith

Hauk

Quote from: Frederic Testard on February 09, 2011, 03:49:00 PM
The bridge is very nice, and the shot of the diorama suggests you'll finish with some interesting relief and, hopefully, scenery.

We are starting scenery next week, so I hope to post some progress pictures in a couple of weeks.
Here is another picture of the scene from the opposite direction:

So my use of "diorama" was an intended understatement...
Dioramas are nice, but big layouts offer some opportunities for grand scenes!

Regards, Hauk
Regards, Hauk
--

Frederic Testard

I fully agree, Havard. And mountain landscapes offer us seemingly endless possibilities.
Frederic Testard

Hauk

Quote from: Frederic Testard on February 10, 2011, 03:22:09 PM
I fully agree, Havard. And mountain landscapes offer us seemingly endless possibilities.

The landscaping has progressed somewhat since my last posting:

I think this is going to be quite a scene when it is finished.

Btw, I really have a dilemma on where to spend my modelling time. Should I paricipate in the efforts to complete the large double-decker H0 layout, or should I concentrate on my 0m models? For the time, the latter sems to be the winner. Guess I have rather poor team player skills...
Regards, Hauk
--