• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Bits, Pieces, & Clutter

Started by marc_reusser, October 17, 2009, 05:33:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SandiaPaul

Marc, those benches are great! I love the paint can rings and wear on the tops AND the brace that was salvaged from something else. Just great!

Paul
Paul

Mobilgas

Marc,   Good job on the Benches, this is the kind of detail that really adds Lot's of interest to a modeling scene  ;)
Craig

finescalerr

I've been wondering what you're up to. -- Russ

marc_reusser

Thanks guys.

Quote from: finescalerr on March 23, 2011, 01:33:03 PM
I've been wondering what you're up to. -- Russ

Dealing with some unfortunate family stuff, and bike, bike, bike, bike.....around 600 miles in the last 3 weeks....Solvang Century  and so forth. Was out in your neck of the woods last week.....Mullholland, to Rock Store climb, down Westlake Blvd., across Agoura Rd, up Cornell and back on Mullholland....a nice short 28-mile loop with some fun winding climbs and descents.

Marc
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

finescalerr

You were five lousy blocks away. Had you climbed the hill to my house I could have chased you around the block the entire time you were visiting. -- Russ

marc_reusser

I think you chasing a couple of guys in spandex around the block, might look kind of creepy to your neighbors. ;D

M

M-Works

eTraxx

.. or not. Isn't that California?
Ed Traxler

Lugoff, Camden & Northern RR

Socrates: "I drank WHAT?"

Malachi Constant

Pardon me ... I'm going to cross-post this in this thread (and my auto repair thread), since it's a handy item for the 1/35 modelers:

Got the new (to me) 1:35 Scale "Modelmakers" rule from Expo Tools today and it's a beauty ... well, it's an oddity, see warning below.  One edge has feet/inches with inch marks the FULL length ... the other edge has meter/cm marks the full length.

Edit:  Warning --  As Marc will point out below, these numbskulls at Expo have made 10 divisions to the foot ... so each mark is 1.25" ... NOT 1.00" ... some kinda stupid "metric inches" or something ... damn!  (Try "Scale Card" brand for proper inch markings.)

Cheers,
Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

marc_reusser

Thanks Dallas...just bought one from the ebay link.

The guys in Nottingham (Sherwood Forest?  ;D)....probably just around the bend from Gordon & Nick. ;D

Marc

M-Works

shropshire lad

Quote from: Malachi Constant on March 24, 2011, 05:10:02 PM
Pardon me ... I'm going to cross-post this in this thread (and my auto repair thread), since it's a handy item for the 1/35 modelers:

Got the new (to me) 1:35 Scale "Modelmakers" rule from Expo Tools today and it's a beauty.  One edge has feet/inches with inch marks the FULL length ... the other edge has meter/cm marks the full length.

And, the ruler is a bit over a foot long.  There are 35 scale feet to an actual foot (duh, eh?) ... and this rule goes to 37 feet on one edge, 11 meters on the other.  (For those inclined to do the math ... yes, printing on the metric side is a bit shorter!)

As Gordon noted (thanks!) -- you want the one marked "Modelmakers Scale Rule" to get the fine measurements.  Links previously posted in the 1:35 Auto Repair Shop thread here:
http://www.finescalerr.com/smf/index.php?topic=876.msg24309#msg24309

Cheers,
Dallas

Dallas ,

I think I am going to have rain on your parade . Have you looked at the way that the inches are subdivided ? There are 5 subdivisions for every six inches giving each foot 10 inches . This makes trying to do any accurate measuring rather tricky .
If yours has the correct number of subdivisions then I'll have to send mine back , but I suspect Expo won't have corrected the error . Unfortunately , I don't know of any other maker that produces a rule in this scale .

Nick

Gordon Ferguson

Nick,

off to try and find mine, you have got me worried now  :'(

I have ordered a 12" one from "The Scale Card " people but not arrived yet, expect it to be OK as their 1/35 card is marked down to inches (and I have just counted their divisions and there are 12 to the foot)

Should have stuck to 1/24, I still blame Dallas 
Gordon

Malachi Constant

Oh crap!

You're right ... the buggers have created "metric feet" or some such ... damn, damn, damn!

Well, the steel edge with feet and proper half-feet marks is nice ... guess I'll have to order a Scale Card brand ruler.  I do have one plexiglass job with 1/35 feet and inches properly marked, but the marks are in white on a clear plexi so it's pretty dang hard to see.  Okay ... back to Scale Card then for measuring inches ... and crap, crap, crap!  :(  :'(  :-\

-- Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

marc_reusser

Where's th problem dudes?.....it's basically like using an engineering scale...or like an engineering graph pad (5 or 10 grid squares to the inch).  ;D ;D ;D

FWIW...Voyager (the PE company) makes a nice...albeit a bit flexible....6" long one that is in meters. ;D

M

M-Works

DaKra

The Medieval era lives on in the American system of weights and measures.   Good thing it was simplified a bit!

jacq01

Isn't Britain slowly preparing for the metric system ? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Jacq
put brain in gear before putting mouth in action.
never underestimate the stupidity of idiots
I am what I remember.