• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Bits, Pieces, & Clutter

Started by marc_reusser, October 17, 2009, 05:33:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gordon Ferguson

Dallas

fair call. I assumed that the painting would sort off fill the holes .......... must get the primer coats sprayed on a bit thicker ;)

Anyway

Marc

and what is wrong with a nice bit of dry brushing?  was trying to kid on that there was some texture on the tarps ::), hoping that some pigments applied when the load is packed on the CV will help .

Ladder................. I ain't subtle and you are probably right
Gordon

Malachi Constant

Quote from: marc_reusser on December 09, 2011, 01:57:08 PM
Ladder has maybe a bit too much overall splatter....looks like an explosion in a spray can factory.  The way you created and folded the canvas is perfect...I am a bit iffy about the painting though...the highlights and transitions are a bit to rough (looks drybrushed) to me, but then I doubt I could do any better.

For a differing view point ... when looking at your rendition of the ladder, I immediately recognize one that I have used in the past.  I swear that I have climbed that very same ladder (with some trepidation!)  ;D

Agree that the coloring on the soft goods could be improved a bit ... don't have the chops to make the correct suggestions, but I think I'd use a bit of glazing (transparent layering) to ease the transitions.

Again, brilliant job ... and nice work fixing the saw horse!  ;)  -- Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

Ray Dunakin

Really nice work all around. The mortise or whatever it's called in the door is a brilliant touch.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

marc_reusser

Quote................. I ain't subtle and you are probably right

Never knew a Scot that was.  ;D ;D :P
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

W.P. Rayner

Quote from: marc_reusser on December 09, 2011, 09:52:27 PM
Quote................. I ain't subtle and you are probably right

Never knew a Scot that was.  ;D ;D :P

Nor a Yorkshireman for that matter...

Paul

finescalerr

I don't care what his heritage might be, the work is quite good. -- Russ

Andi Little

Well, I'm most impressed.

I think that you could spend the rest of your days "improving" or "doing over" pieces. And I think you've "learnt" as much as you can from these items, and as such they're a cracking good collection of "miscellanea" that will contribute positively to any cameo scene or diorama.
That you can see improvements could be made, or that they could be positively reworked is testament and proof positive that you haven't yet reached your potential in this area. ........... Keep it up - I think they're inspirational pieces and will provide impetus and momentum to others seeking to attempt these sorts of pocket sized projects.

Huzzahs all round I say!
KBO..................... Andi.

Junior

Great little details....the tarp is just incredible :o! I agree with Marc on the ladder but you already knew otherwise great job!

Anders

Gordon Ferguson

Thanks for the comments folks.

Andi, you are almost 100% right don't think I can learn much more from these little pieces without either ruining what I have managed to achieve or getting fed up and consigning them to shelf ................ however did have one more go on those tarps

Put on what I believe the technical term describes as glazes, which has I think, had the effect of softening the transition between "dry brushing" and the rest.
That's it on these pieces ................onwards & upwards  
Gordon

lab-dad

I like the color much better!
I think though some wear at the places it normally folds and the edges would be appropriate.
I was going to use the d___ b____ term but fear the wrath if I were to do so.
I am definitely going to get some putty and have some fun!
-Marty

Barney

Lovely stuff our man up North - inspiring just keep it coming - the detail on the door does it for me - split me trousers on ladders like that always going to fix them one day
Barney

Mr Potato Head

Bloody Damn man, Bloddy damn!
Good God, man! get a life!  ;)
MPH
Gil Flores
In exile in Boise Idaho

michael mott

Gordon overall great work, I like the look and feel of the ladder personally. The tarp troubles me I think that the edges are too thick and there is no edge seaming, the edges would be doubled where the grommets are, I like the simple way that the grommets are made, other than that not too shabby.

Cheers Michael

finescalerr

I suppose I could find nitpicks, too. But I still think the work is satisfactory and I doubt I could equal it. -- Russ

Franck Tavernier

Quote from: Franck Tavernier on March 27, 2011, 02:01:46 PM
Nick, if you want a set of spikes (2500) I can buy it for you, I owe you this favor!

Franck

Hey Guy's,

Good news, the tire-fonds are back!

http://www.octantenligne.com/downloads/recto.pdf

2000 pieces for 19.30€, about $25.82  ;)

Franck