• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Bits, Pieces, & Clutter

Started by marc_reusser, October 17, 2009, 05:33:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marc_reusser

Oooooh.  Most lovely!

Marc

(Still waiting for the foam SBS.)
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Malachi Constant

Quote from: marc_reusser on April 19, 2012, 02:07:43 PM
(Still waiting for the foam SBS.)

Yeah, I've got to queue up for this one too!  Your cobblestone SBS is a true winner, bookmarked and slated for use here ... the foam stone walls look like another major winner.  Sure, it's an imposition ... but if you can't count on your mates to be a pain in the arse at times, what are we here for?  ;D

Nice stuff!
Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

lab-dad

Guess I am in line too for info on the foam stones...........
Are we there yet?
=Marty

Design-HSB

Quote from: gfadvance on April 19, 2012, 05:35:50 AM

Hi Gordon,

what I particularly like, is the Structure of the model blocks.
I tried this mine on my model and I am also currently playing with the task of trying to replicate this heap.

Tips very welcome.

Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

Gordon Ferguson

Helmut,

I suppose it is difficult to programme your computer/milling machine to produce that pile from a solid block of brass ............ however with your skills I am certain you will try.

Boys, boys lets all calm down a bit .............. this experiment was only done less than 24 hours ago and there is nobody more surprised than me that it turned out the way it did  ................. or that they would be other sad people in this world who wanted to build a 1/35 drystone wall stone by stone.

I am working on the SBS, trouble is having to build another wall so I can take pics

inspiration

So far

Will do my best to post SBS, sometime tomorrow
Gordon

Malachi Constant

Your new wall is a very lovely shade of aquamarine  :o ... and, thanks in advance!  ;) 

I suppose everyone interested has a raft of different questions.  Some that come to mind:  Are you slicing the foam into various thicknesses and then breaking off bits?  What are you doing to shape the faces of the stones?  How much wood would a woodchuck chuck?  And all the various other concerns and painting issues.  Aside from going into all the excruciating required detail, this should be a snap.  8)

-- Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

Mr Potato Head

oh! I can answer the wood chuck question!  ;D
we have those in Idaho ::)
MPH
Gil Flores
In exile in Boise Idaho

Ray Dunakin

Quote from: gfadvance on April 19, 2012, 03:26:30 PM

inspiration

Now that's really interesting... never seen a stone wall bridge a stream before.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

marc_reusser

Quote from: Ray Dunakin on April 19, 2012, 06:07:31 PM

inspiration

Now that's really interesting... never seen a stone wall bridge a stream before.

Tricky Brits!

M-Works

Andi Little

Quote from: marc_reusser on April 19, 2012, 09:12:13 PM
Tricky Brits!

Yes! .................... the sun will never set on the British Empire.................

......................................but, that's only because God doesn't trust the English in the dark!!!  :P
KBO..................... Andi.

Gordon Ferguson

Andi,

only 1/35 scale 'cause if it would work in this scale , it will be OK for the proper scale.

Oh and I do have one thing 1/35 that needed a background
Gordon

BKLN

The piece by piece construction is the way to go!

(and deserves a new thread)

marc_reusser

Quote from: BKLN on April 20, 2012, 03:21:28 AM
The piece by piece construction is the way to go!

(and deserves a new thread)

I agree, that a new thread of its own would be nice...I could actually do that....though in order to make it a wothwhile thread, it really should have an SBS to read and see.....other wise its just a bunch of really neat pics that leave everyone wondering what the thread is about. ;D

M-Works

Gordon Ferguson

Your really enjoying this , aren't you Marc  ;D ;D

Footings have been dug , foundations laid & first stages of SBS completed ............. its terribly complicated and may run to 100+ pages

SBS will be posted later today, fingers crossed, in its own thread !

May go all arty with the pics

Only joking Russ, been reading you photo crib sheet again  
Gordon

granitechops

Quote from: marc_reusser on April 19, 2012, 09:12:13 PM
Quote from: Ray Dunakin on April 19, 2012, 06:07:31 PM
inspiration

Tricky Brits!
Ah. ,  .  ,
But do you recognise what it really, actually is?
Its a single lane clapper bridge with fortifications   8)
must be in celtic territory    ;D
possibly high on the moors near the source of the stream as it has not been washed away in a flash flood.
Got to be a rare surviving example, possibly? 
Edit,
BTW, how did you hold the foam together for painting ? glue? or cocktail sticks down through so as have no glue showing?

Don in sunny Devon, England