• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Bits, Pieces, & Clutter

Started by marc_reusser, October 17, 2009, 05:33:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gordon Ferguson

Correct Don it is is based on an old clapper bridge, but not that far North its actually in the Peak District, Derbyshire....... south of me!

Housekeeping, Drystone wall SBS now has its own thread

http://www.finescalerr.com/smf/index.php?topic=1806.0
Gordon

marc_reusser

QuoteYour really enjoying this , aren't you Marc 

Indubitably! ;D ;D

Well it's no fancy pants awsome stone wall, but finally am being forced to give a bit of figure painting a go. Gaack! :P :-X
...oh well, timeframe is super tight, so it will be what it is.....luckily it will be mostly concealed.  ::)  Maybe afterward, we can set poor Yorick on Gordons wall. :D
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Bexley

CounterClockwise

Bexley Andrajack

marc_reusser

Don't really know...its .490" tall overall....it seems to be pretty darn close to 1/20 (at least when I compare the skull to a 1/20 MaK figure head). It was an un-labled baggie at one of the hobby shops I was at some point a while back. It's a 2 piece white metal kit.

M

M-Works

shropshire lad

Quote from: gfadvance on April 19, 2012, 11:39:26 PM
Andi,

only 1/35 scale 'cause if it would work in this scale , it will be OK for the proper scale.

Oh and I do have one thing 1/35 that needed a background

You said you were going to give it to me ! 

Just back from the Fatherland , report later .

michael mott

Andi wrote

QuoteYes! .................... the sun will never set on the British Empire.................

......................................but, that's only because God doesn't trust the English in the dark!!!  Tongue

made me laugh out loud!!

good one Andi.

Michael

Gordon Ferguson

Went to use the work lamps I made here http://www.finescalerr.com/smf/index.php?topic=549.msg31899#msg31899

and realised they were not really very good, so had another go.

Different technique this time, 6mm hollow square tube, drilled out holes for lights/lenses, inserted inner tube and details made with brass shim. because the wall thickness of the tube was 30 thou inserted some 15 thou discs in hole to lessen the recess for the lenses outer rim is fuse wire rolled around drill bit and cut off and applied.

The final shots in primer do not actually have the lenses fitted, the domed effect is just the masking fluid I used ............. which may be an idea filed away for future 
Gordon

Andi Little

Excellent Gordon - much neater and carries the "Look" better.
I think your earlier attempt remains valid as an evolutionary stage in your modelling of this very successful piece so should in no way be thought the less of ............. a most constructive exercise.
KBO..................... Andi.

lab-dad

WOW!
Those are little jewels!
Hope you made more than one!
-marty

Wesleybeks

Very very nice work.

They must be tiny.
Kind Regards
Wesley

Modelling in sunny South Africa

marc_reusser

M-Works

marc_reusser

Still on the .060....christ, how many sides does this darn thing have!?

M-Works

lab-dad

Now you lnow why i didnt want to do it in brass!!!!!!
Looks great!
Reminds me of something i am currently workong on.
Mj

marc_reusser

Working on getting the old worn and abused plywood look....not easy to do.

A quick phone pic, of the progress so far..white bal a bit off...scale is 1/24 (no those aren't nails, but rather, round bolt heads)

M-Works

lab-dad

Marc,
"round bolt heads"
You mean carriage bolts?

The bed wood really needs the metal strips in it, even if covered over with the plywood.
(IMO)

-Marty