• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Bits, Pieces, & Clutter

Started by marc_reusser, October 17, 2009, 05:33:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Design-HSB

Marc,

but I would appreciate some sort of kit as the basis for a model in scale 1:22,5.
This is a great model but if you do so on.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

marc_reusser

Thank you Helmut. This one is 1/32. I do not know if anyone makes one in 1/24 or 1/25 (which you might be able to used in 1/22)
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Design-HSB

Hi Marc,

that's the nice thing about the scale 1:22,5, you get almost nothing
and therefore can or must do everything himself, as is seen in my mine.

I'm a great admirer of your work and I appreciate every report.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

marc_reusser

This is what 3-hours of mindless TV, no direction, and a pile of scrap styrene pieces gets you. (1/35 scale; 3x8 cm )

M

M-Works

Alexandre

Only styrene then?
Impressive, you've got some really nice texture on the slabs. (not sure of the word.)

marc_reusser

Thank you Alexandre.

Yes, "slabs" is the correct word.

Yes, all styrene so far. I need to add some exposed stones/aggregate texture at the missing corner of concrete slab, and then come up with something that resembles asphalt, to put in the space around the post. Originally I was thinking of going stone not concrete.....that's why the drainage grate looks rough and mis-shapen, because I patterned it after some old drilled granite slab drains I saw in Barcelona. I also still need to fill the post with some concrete.

M-Works

Marc988

Very nice!

Can you tell us how you did the texture on the curb stones ?

( see, TV can be usefull  ;D. )

marc_reusser

Thanks Marc,

Unfortunately the "how to" might have to wait, as I had a phone call from a "guy".

...plus this example is a bit on the over scaled/done end anyway.

M-Works

Ray Dunakin

Very nice. I too would be interested in seeing how the textures were created. My one attempt at using styrene to simulate a concrete sidewalk was sorely lacking in that regard.

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

marc_reusser

Thanks Ray. Glad you like the concrete effect...it's not that hard to do.

Figured I would finish this piece up, and get it over with.

Here a detail of the broken concrete wall with exposed rebar (all made from styrene);. Not quite happy with the aggregate yet...need some larger pieces...but maybe will look better once painted

Here is the overall scene/effect. Wish I would have had some razor wire in my stash...oh well. May need to pick some up.

Think we'll call this done.

M-Works

Gordon Ferguson

Strewth ......... a few hours of mindless direction , think I will pack it in .

Mind you its all definitley out of scale so if I were you, I'd bin it  ;)
Gordon

finescalerr

I agree with Gordon. Burn it, then grind up the cinders. -- ssuR

Mr Potato Head

There's that "guy" again with the hitched up pants, you'd think you could help him out?
I like the curbs! C'mon how'd ya do it? Give up the ghost!!
It'll take just two seconds to explain what kind of edge you used, dam it spill the beans
MPH
Gil Flores
In exile in Boise Idaho

Junior

Oh yeah, there he is again! I think he´s been modelling long enough in front of all sorts of projects! Maybe that´s why he looks so pale?  ;D!

Otherwise really nice work as usual Marc. Are you working from some sort of prototype picture? If so it would be interesting to see an image posted here.

Anders

Peter_T1958

I am really keen on how the textures on the broken concrete wall were created  ;)

Peter
"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication" -Leonardo Da Vinci-

https://industrial-heritage-in-scale.blogspot.ch/