• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Bits, Pieces, & Clutter

Started by marc_reusser, October 17, 2009, 05:33:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malachi Constant

Well, in my blissful ignorance, it certainly looks like a Land Rover to me!  Now I just wanna see Marlin Perkins hanging out the side of the thing trying to snag a gazelle running at speed ...
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

Gordon Ferguson

Thanks for the comments folks, lets address some of the specifics

Nick,

thanks,you are right about the hard top......... think I knew that myself just did not want to admit it was wrong , hence trying to squirm out of it with the "non works hard top" comment

Gone back and changed / adjusted the rain-gutter and the rest of the mouldings

Was thinking I could produce a Series II by using the front end of the Tamiya Pink Panther along with this kit .... appreciate there are differences under the skin and the chassis but what else is different on the bodywork ?

Stuart (aka Barney)

Tell me about it ,already got a raft of comments re what is wrong with it !

Dallas

Don't know who this Marlin person is but over here there is really only one person I can associate with a SWB Land Rover and that is one Fred Dibnah

I am guessing the Fred may well be one of Barney's hero's, I am certainly an admirer ...... anybody who build a mine in his back garden just so he can use the mine steam engine he rebuilt has got to be admired. 
Gordon

shropshire lad

Gordon ,

The main differences can be seen in the photo of the 11A and your model . Namely radiator grill , position of headlights and sidelights and the shape of the bonnet . But , there is no such thing as a standard Land Rover so you can mix and match to your heart's content .

There will be more differences , such as dash board , but I'm not really up with these " modern " landies to make any definitive comments .

Nick

mad gerald

Quote from: marc_reusser on December 17, 2012, 12:48:07 AM
For this evening's "It Came From The Scrap-Box" build, a rollup maetal door, perfect for your Mid-East/Small-Wars store/shop front. (scale 1/35; surround only loosly placed).

... sorry for digging out this roller shutter again ... but it seems to me, that there had been done another one recently IIRC ... ?! If so, I can't find it again and would be thankful for a hint ...

Cheers

marc_reusser

Gerald,

I don't recall seeing another....and I know I didn't do one. ;D

What are you trying to figure/find out?
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

mad gerald

... thanks for dropping in, Marc ...

Quote from: marc_reusser on January 23, 2013, 03:22:39 PM
I don't recall seeing another....and I know I didn't do one. ;D
.. darn, I could have sworn there has been another one ...  ??? ...

Quote from: marc_reusser on January 23, 2013, 03:22:39 PM
What are you trying to figure/find out?
... my intention was to compare the different appearance regarding the evergeen styrene profiles used, 'cause I imagined "the other one" would have consist mainly of strips (instead of half rounds) ...

Cheers

Gordon Ferguson

Little update on the Land Rover

Gordon

marc_reusser

Nice! I like the mud, and also like the realistic look of the rims, with the rusty lugs.
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

finescalerr

Andi Little

Great job Gordon ... that's pretty much how they look round here. Excellent mud - colour and splatter.
KBO..................... Andi.

michael mott

Gordon I really like the way the wheels look.

Michael

Gordon Ferguson

Well its as near as dammit finished , there are things I know that are wrong with and sure others will spot more , but as it was an experiment I can live with it .................... just need to remember the bits to sort for the 1957 Series I

Will get the proper lights out and take some decent pics at weekend, & post them in the Gallery as a "finished piece"  ...... a rare event which I might as well enjoy   

Gordon

Malachi Constant

Well, still blissfully ignorant of all the "nit-picky" Land Rover stuff, I gotta say that looks like a damn fine model to me!  The finishes look great ... as does the muddy/grassy base ... really like those irregular edges on the scenicked bit too.  Congrats on getting 'er done!  ;)  -- Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

Chuck Doan

"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/