• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Bits, Pieces, & Clutter

Started by marc_reusser, October 17, 2009, 05:33:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

finescalerr

Far more than adequate. Looks real to me, too. Vastly too sophisticated for the convention. -- Russ

marc_reusser

Thanks Volker and Russ. Much appreciated.

Russ, re. the conv...that's okay...wasn't doing it for them...was just wanting to have some modeling fun, and do something so as not to just plop the model on a white tablecloth.
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Guy Milh(imeter)

this is turning out to be an olympic competition USA-France ( Marc-Alexander) in groundworks  :D
Marc is gaining up, ... and, ... it's a photo finish  :D :D

Guy

Alexandre

haha, we don't run in the same circle.
Marc has always been better than me!  :D

Great scene Marc. Wonderfully done, if Wonderfully exists in English.

marc_reusser

Ha, that's funny Guy ;D

Boy can that Frenchman lie! Don't believe him.....I am merely riding around on his coat-tails.

There is supposed to be a third party in this scenery debacle as well...but he has been holding out....probably down at the pub...... typical Scot.

M-Works

JohnTolcher

Superb! That concrete is perfect IMHO!!
Cheers
John in Australia

Gordon Ferguson

Very impressive Marc, you mining a rich seam of of little scenes beautifully executed .

As for the slanderous suggestion that we Scots like a drink, I'm so shocked think I need a drink to get over it  ;D

Me, I am half way between concrete and vegetation  ;)
Gordon

finescalerr

Gordon, if you were hoping to get that thing published in the December Modelers' Annual you'd better wrap it up. I've already started the book and wanted all submissions by Friday the 23rd. -- Russ

Gordon Ferguson

Well Russ was not aware of your deadline, mind you I never asked.

It ain't close to being finished , so maybe next year ...... In digital  ;D
Gordon

Alexandre

marc_reusser

C'mon boys...shake a leg! You still have a few days to get it done...hell, next to chuck, I am the slowest builder here, and I actually managed to do a project in a day (granted, I already had all the bits laying about).

M-Works

Gordon Ferguson

Knew finishing stuff would turn your head , now you are boasting about it.

We'll see ........... Of course I could just concrete it  ;D
Gordon

marc_reusser

Yep...the head is just swelling up.

No worries....will deflate shortly.....just finished clipping and downloading some 100-200 reference images I need to sort through for my next build ....gaak...feel the air leaking out already. :)

M-Works

Ray Dunakin

That little sidewalk and rails scene is beautiful! That could go right alongside one of NK's street pieces.

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Gordon Ferguson

Time to add another "bit" to this thread.

Needed to make one of these, an olld cast iron radiator

If my drawing skills were any good it would have been an ideal candidate for 3d printing, but they are not, so did it the manual way. Plastic card, tube and some cutting& sanding ....... Silicon mould and resin casting

Then just a matter of repeating and building it up

Struggled sorting out the end pieces which need to include the cast supports/feet but hopefully got that sorted , so will post final details soon
Gordon