• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Bits, Pieces, & Clutter

Started by marc_reusser, October 17, 2009, 05:33:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pwranta193

Completely off topic - or I get awarded cross reference points, I'm not sure:

The really weird thing in all of this for me, is that the only 1st Person Shooter game I have ever played has a seriously good scene that takes place in this compound - I don't even remember the name but it is in the Call of Duty series.  There is a level that takes place with a couple of SAS guys (no - not the old Swedish Airline with the cute stewardesses, Mr. Bikini Guy), and there is a serious set of CGI scenery that takes you all over the amusement park and the surrounding areas.  The final shoot out of that particular mission takes place with you behind the Ferris Wheel on a small berm looking back towards where Marc's shot is taken from...

Paul 
Paul

"Did I mention this is a bad idea?"

marc_reusser

Paul, I have heard that one of the CoD games or such has a section played there...also not sure which game it is. However, there is actually an entire 1stPS game that takes place completely in and around Pripyat, it's called "S.T.A.L.K.E.R.;  Call of Pripyat"    http://www.stalker-game.com/    Can be played/downloaded from the web onto your computer.....I have not played it.

I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Guy Milh(imeter)

Hi All,

for a new quick build (another present for my future son in law who is a beach rescuer) I would need a scale-model rubber boat like the ones on this site:

http://www.zodiacmarine.nl/

I searched the net without result.
Could anybody help me?

Guy

marc_reusser

Not sure if you are  you looking for a kit, or planning on scratch-building one?

If the latter there seem to be enough general drawings online to put one together.

Google Image search results for "zodiac boat drawing"
https://www.google.com/search?q=zodiac+boat+drawings&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=fEcwUpzyJ4GMiAKE_IGYDg&ved=0CDIQsAQ&biw=1385&bih=952&dpr=1#imgdii=_

Just a thought....what about  any of the R/C boat forums or shops?

Here is a place in the UK that seems to have some kind of an R/C kit...not sure if it is the exact one...but maybe a start/basis.
http://www.cornwallmodelboats.co.uk/acatalog/mar2830.html

M-Works

marc_reusser

Here is a link to a 3D Model of what appears to be a sim Mil Version of the one you referenced. 3D model is $139...wonder if the file could be converted to a rapid prototyping format, or .stl format...and it could be used to print/machine part of it. 

http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/military-inflatable-boat-zodiac-3d-3ds/625399

I am pretty sure you could probably take one of the file formats, and export it into 2D CAD files and then print plans from that.

M-Works

Guy Milh(imeter)

Thanks very much Marc !!

I forgot to mention that I'm searching for a kit, I'm realy not capable to make this from scratch  :-[

I will contact Cornwall Model Boats? Thanks again.

Guy

Gordon Ferguson

More clutter, will end up with the radiator, Russian Gas Mask

Gordon

Andi Little

Excellent job Gordon...................you really are getting quite good at this aren't you.
KBO..................... Andi.

finescalerr

marc_reusser

Doing some experimenting to try and get that dirty grey spotting and build-up that tends to occur on old/abandoned Trabants.

The experiment is for a 1/24 build, but the experiment shown is on an already painted 1/32 scale piece I had laying about.

It still has a ways to go, but I feel the look on the far side of the trunk is getting closest...though still too heavy handed and dark (though might be okay for the larger scale).

Effect was done by dipping a makeup sponge into Turpentine, then dipping that into a mix of grey and green Vallejo acrylics, then dabbing/sponging onto the surface. Once dry, the leaves were added just for scale effect and context. Everything was then given random spot washes with a mix of AK Dark Brown, and Interior Wash.

(Sorry for the image quality, this was all just real quick)

M-Works

Malachi Constant

That looks great!  And the effect will be "scaled" even better when transferred to the 1/24 project, as you noted elsewhere ... ("facepalm" or some such).  ;) -- Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

nalmeida

Looking very real Marc, at first the effect seemed a bit "upscaled" but looking at the prototype pictures it seems to be spot on!

As a side note: I've been reading AK weathering magazine and loved your article on the diesel.
I've been also watching MIG's and AK's DVD's and it's amazing the amount of work involved in painting/weathering models, it's like an hobby inside the hobby!

michael mott

Marc I really like the overall look of the leaf litter but the big birch seeds need to go, they give it away.

michael

Gordon Ferguson

A rare foray, for me , into brass ...... 1/35 scale dustbins (garbage cans)

Concept from Dallas, paint from Chuck ..........

Gordon

finescalerr