• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Bits, Pieces, & Clutter

Started by marc_reusser, October 17, 2009, 05:33:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malachi Constant

Absolute rubbish!  And a nice job of it.  ;)  -- Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

LesTindall

Nice bins Gordon, info on them please?

Les

Chuck Doan

Those are beautiful Gordon!  But what is that strange foreign manhole cover?
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Gordon Ferguson

Thanks folks.

Oh Chuck, now you will have started something ........ We will have Nick on muttering about colonials rubbishing our glorious Monarchs currency, etc, etc ,etc ............
Gordon

AlexG

Esteemeds gents, I'm simply amazed of what I see here, generaly speaking.

And here's my humble contribution - a 1/16 sewer lid, if I'm correct.
Made of some bits of styrene, as you may see, just in few hours. But the weathering ... some days ...
Painted with acrilics, 3-4 layers, pastels with turpentine and, in the end, real rust.
If you ask me ... I like the resulting texture.

Alex

Ray Dunakin

Gordon, those trash cans are amazing! I'd like to know how you did them.

Alex, nice work on that sewer grate!
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

finescalerr

Alex, the results justify your effort. Very adequate. -- Russ

Chuck Doan

"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Gordon Ferguson

Love the texture you achieved on that Alex.

Similar idea in 1/35 scale on a small test piece, this is a modified resin piece from Diorama Debris mould

Gordon

AlexG

Much oblige, guys, glad if you like what I've done.
Gordon, I like your test, and I know now what to do with my grate.
Do you have, by any chnace, a color photo?

Alex

Gordon Ferguson

Gordon

AlexG

Thanks, Gordon, both files are in my deposit now.

Barney

Nick must be asleep so with reference to our Monarchs Drain covers " God save the Queen " and happy birthday on your 88th year.
Barney

Hosted on Fotki

AlexG

If is about me ... then is 58th ...  ::).
At 88th maybe I'll say "Too old to die, too young to rock'n'roll" ... if I remember me well  ;).
Thanks and agree with you - Long live the Queen! I like her very much and I'm so sad not having a King also ... on the throne.

Alex

Barney

Now you really have got me going - Its Saint George's Day today so its throw out all your old Dragons plus its Shakespeare's 450th birthday - well past his sell by date ! all these goings on all in one week ! and of course lets not forget the engines with no headlamps so come on Nick wake up and come out of the corner
Barney