• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Bits, Pieces, & Clutter

Started by marc_reusser, October 17, 2009, 05:33:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marc_reusser

Thanks Guys.

Christian; No :)...sorry, not Watery Grave .....think it I will call this one more something like "To/From/Dreams-of, Distant Shores"...or some such drivel. :)

Marty; the cart won't work because the vandals stole the handle.

Ray/Gil; Wheels are from an O-scale Grant-Line "mine car" kit.

I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

mad gerald

Marc,
Quote from: marc_reusser on May 21, 2014, 01:29:19 AM
Christian; No :)...sorry, not Watery Grave .....think it I will call this one more something like "To/From/Dreams-of, Distant Shores"...or some such drivel. :)
... I do not have the foggiest idea about the purpose of that "vehicle" ... seems some kinda "ballast" (water?) has to be balanced/adjusted ... hmmmm - does not look like tractor pulling ...  ??? ::)

Cheers

marc_reusser

I know...strange;...almost looks like it could be something along these lines....but probably not. :)

M-Works

Design-HSB

Quote from: marc_reusser on May 19, 2014, 09:20:32 PM
In progress (1/35).  Styrene...and rivets. Top of weight-trolley box, and wheel stop, are intentionally wonky. (..and yes, the ratchet track and gear do interlock :P )
Hello Marc,

which is certainly a great model of a ballast boom.
I'm curious how the construction progress continues.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

marc_reusser

Thanks Helmut. At the moment it is progressing slow...and behind schedule. :D

M-Works

BKLN

Marc,
I will patiently wait for the rust and dust to come...

marc_reusser

A little more progress....and rivets.

M-Works

LesTindall

You made a positive remark on my crane Marc (the one on the Ruston in the Gallery section), yours is definitely a good few points better. Rivets are wonderful things that enhance any model.

Les

Andi Little

Hi all.................

Been lurking in the background - pretty much most days actually, anyhoo, haven't felt able to contribute much but whilst irritating Gordon over the weekend with a phone call he mentioned perhaps I ought to at least let folk see what I'm about. Well it's a WNW Sopwith Pup, I haven't posted a build thread here so thought "Bit's and Pieces" might be the best place for it?

.......... Some of the blurb will seem a bit abstract but I pinched it directly from it's build thread over on the WWI airyplaney forum ................Without much further ado then.................

I have her shoes and socks on - plus her whirly bit. Some final modelling and paint around the wing root to hopefully tie them together.

Annnd the other side for evenness sake............same again - bit of fidlin' with the paint and stuff.

Back round again for a squarer shot in order to see how all that rough stuff along the fuselage now hopefully marries into the other parts of the aircraft?

On her nose in order to see where she has rather embarrassingly dribbled - in the destructions there's an upended aircraft which is decidedly filthy in this department - so I was encouraged to really go for this!!

And a miraculous flyby -(No top wing etc) - just for the effect?

Annnnd she's gone!

Just working up the courage now to tackle the top wing and it's associated demons - oh! and of course those couple of frighteningly tiny runs of wire between the bottom wing and the undercarriage legs - every fibre in my body is telling me to walk away from those!!!!
And I know I have to paint the rear of the propeller boss too - it, like the wheels are just posed at the minute.

Feel free to mutter ............ until next time ...............

Soon-ish - hopefully.

Cheers cheps!
KBO..................... Andi.

5thwheel

Andi Little, I like it so far...
Bill Hudson
Fall down nine times,
get up ten.

Gordon Ferguson

Andi, you were right ..... You can't paint, no idea of colours, weathering  how to capture different materials and surfaces ..... Yea absolutely crap !!

OK now that we have cleared that load of bullshit you sold me out of the way ........ That looks pretty good to me mate, you might even have achieved "satisfactory" status :D

Really pleased you posted this, although it does not help my fight not to buy any of these Wingnut kits ...... Mind you I do hear that most of the production is being accumulated by someone trying to corner the market and make a killing sometime in the future. ....... Bloody speculators!

Keep the pics coming Andi, especially the setting for this one ....... Flying of a 15"gun turret I hope .

P.S. Yes you really did make a mess of those wheels :P
Gordon

Chuck Doan

Wow, I like that Andi! Those kits are great; I have been seeing some excellent planes lately, and here is another one.

Rigging those must be a trying experience?
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Ray Dunakin

Marc, nice job on that crane boom!

Andi, that Sopwith is a beauty! I love the weathering and overall patina, very well done!
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

finescalerr

We see very few aircraft models here, Andi. Please keep us up to date with yours. It is most satisfactory ... so far. Marc's most recent meticulous mayhem ain't bad, either. -- Russ

marc_reusser

Wow, Andi! What a truly lovely piece. Though I have to agree with Gordon...the paint and weathering are utter crap! :D :D :D ...I think when you are done with it, you should send it directly to me so I can figure out how to fix it. :D :P

I do very much like the oil weathering effect. How di you go about creating it

M-Works