• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Bits, Pieces, & Clutter

Started by marc_reusser, October 17, 2009, 05:33:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marc_reusser

Thanks Jacq, Look forward to your questions, and definitely to your new project ;D....always great to see another person looney enough to build 1/35, feld/industrie bahn.  ;D

Marc
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

shropshire lad

Quote from: jacq01 on March 26, 2011, 02:29:29 AM

Marc,

your last photo's definitely pulled me over to building something in 1:35.  I'll give details of my idea's in a separate post.

Jacq

You keep saying that , Jacq, but we still haven't seen anything yet ,

Nick

jacq01

I was waiting for your reply  :D :D

Jacq
put brain in gear before putting mouth in action.
never underestimate the stupidity of idiots
I am what I remember.

Ray Dunakin

The track looks great! I like the tie with the bands around the ends to keep it from splitting.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

finescalerr

That is the kind of detail and realism I love to see in railroad modeling. A switching diorama built to that standard is far more interesting to me than one of those basement size behemoths. -- Russ

Malachi Constant

Detail of the trackwork looks great ... guess I'll have to remember that I'm in the "bigger scale" when I get that far ...

QUESTION:  What does the section with 6 rails represent?  Not being a wise guy (this time!) ... just not getting it at the moment ...

-- Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

marc_reusser

Thanks guys.

Dallas;
The area with the 6 rails is for a road crossing...I have seen them done like this, as well as more/continuous rails laid between the tracks.

Marc
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Malachi Constant

Ah!  Well that makes sense ... and, you know, now that you've got little benches for the people and playing cards and road crossings and all that stuff ... you might actually have to add some LP's and finish the Volks-cart and so forth.  Maybe Jacq will design a nice "easy to build" diorama setting for you!  ;D

Trackwork is definitely inspiring ...

(PS -- I think Jacq's design posted elsewhere looks GREAT ... but definitely not easy.)  ;)

-- Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

Franck Tavernier

Hi Marc,

Great job!

I find here in France stamped brass "screw spike", the square head is 0.6mm, and round head is 1.2mm..., the point is 0.6mm dia. and about 8mm long.

Here a track sample, on wood ties, ME code 70 rail, fastened with this "screw spike"...

Franck

Frederic Testard

Who's the manufacturer, Franck?
Frederic Testard

Franck Tavernier

Hi Fred, you can find them from the French Association "Le Cercle du Zéro" but you must be a member, or from the French shop L'Octant, #PR 102, qty : 2500, $20.00  ;)

Franck

Frederic Testard

Frederic Testard

shropshire lad

Quote from: Franck Tavernier on March 27, 2011, 10:50:27 AM
Hi Fred, you can find them from the French Association "Le Cercle du Zéro" but you must be a member, or from the French shop L'Octant, #PR 102, qty : 2500, $20.00  ;)

Franck

Hi Franck ,

You don't fancy becoming a dealer in track spikes do you by any chance, and acquiring a load and then sell them on( with a small profit !) to the rest of us ?

Just a thought ,

Nick

finescalerr

Stop! Hee-hah! Whoa!

Is that photo of weed grown, dirt ballasted track -- next to a hedge -- real or a model? That's code 70 track and not 35 pound rail? Who built it, Franck -- you? Where is the giveaway that it is a model? Most satisfactory.

Russ

W.P. Rayner

That's great Franck... very convincing. You wouldn't by any chance think of doing an SBS on your track laying, ballast and ground cover techniques? I expect there are many here who would find it of great value.

As far as dealing the spikes, only when Russ isn't watching...  ;) Maybe what we need is an underground supply line, black market so to speak...  ;D

Paul