• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Bits, Pieces, & Clutter

Started by marc_reusser, October 17, 2009, 05:33:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malachi Constant

Smashing good job!  ;D 

Neat work on making a pretty simple job out of that "complicated" wheel, too.  -- Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

NORCALLOGGER

Gordon,
Nice job on the roller.
Those wheels are neatly done.
Rick

marc_reusser

Gordon,

Ummm...errr...any chance your guys would consider dabelling in some industrial espionage and scanning/emailing me a copy of those drawings? Would make my like a whole lot easier. ;)

Marc
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Malachi Constant

I wonder if dabelling is anything like dabbling ...

Gordon Ferguson

Marc, now I know you are being sarcastic or something?

You do realise the drawing is hand drawn, in pencil, with mistakes rubbed out, etc, etc  ?

OK I'll ask the guys if its still around and not been tossed with the rest of the rubbish  ;)
Gordon

Gordon Ferguson

OK they found the drawing before it was dumped and it has been updated with modifications following actual build .............. I'm told it has been sent to you, let me know if has come thro' OK.
Gordon

Gordon Ferguson

Marc,

don't know if you received the drawing, but having made a bit more progress  I would suggest some further amendments to it;-

First of all I would narrow the whole body (plan view) by approx 5mm and although not clear from the photos I would taper the engine compartment by a further 5 mm .... suggest datum line for new width is across the line of the pivot point for the front roller. In addition would shorten body again from pivot point , so that it extends no more than 3 mm in front of pivot.

Think when you look at these 2 photos you will see why I am suggesting these modifications

Unless I scrap the thing not much I can do about the overall width or the the taper of mine at this stage but have rebuilt nose a little shorter
Gordon

Gordon Ferguson

Evening all,

OK the roller is 95% built, still need to add stuff like foot plates , controls , cables, scrapers for the wheels, etc. These are all made but are fragile to say the least so until I got the first coat of primer on to see what still needed cleaning up/correcting.

There are some rough spots which deliberate but there are some which are not ......... the most obvious are the rear wheel guards where I wanted to have some rusted through metal but which have just ended up plain wrong ... will be sorted.

Some photos, still trying to improve my efforts in this area ... think I still need some extra/brighter lights.

For painting it still breaks down into bits

As the whole reason for building this was to have a go at the paint effects seen on the real one I am going to start a new thread in the appropriate section on the forum where I will detail my thoughts on how to I am going to approach the task .......... hopefully everyone will feel free to suggest alternative approaches / different ideas before I get the air brush out  ;)
Gordon

chester

Looking forward to it Gordon. Nifty little machine.

Junior

This little masterpiece definitely needs a thread on it´s own ;). Really nice work on the seat and the rusted up plate where the gear shift ??? is located. Some real intereseting paint job coming up here.....!

Anders  ;D

marc_reusser

Very cool sub-assemblies.

Found the attached image in my files..thought you might enjoy it. Looks like the same model or its smaller sibling.

I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Malachi Constant

Wow, that "narrow gauge" steam roller is really cool ... of course, they may have gone a little crazy with all the paint chipping and the layers of different colors!  ;D  -- Dallas

lab-dad

In keeping with Marc's original intent of this thread (weird right?) I have been contemplating details to accompany my 1:32 Corliss. I wanted to do a simple sawhorse and here is the result;

Oh, scale is 1:32 it is 1" tall and 1 3/8" long.

-Marty

Don Railton

Hello Marty.  Nice job. 

What did you use for wood?  They look like tiny pieces of furring strips.

Don

http://public.fotki.com/DonRailton/

shropshire lad

Quote from: lab-dad on June 08, 2011, 03:05:29 PM
In keeping with Marc's original intent of this thread (weird right?) I have been contemplating details to accompany my 1:32 Corliss. I wanted to do a simple sawhorse and here is the result;

Oh, scale is 1:32 it is 1" tall and 1 3/8" long.

-Marty

Not bad , Jonesy , but if I were making that saw horse I would have extended the top piece passed the legs and moved the "plywood end braces down to just below the top . Comprende ?

Nick

ps . Hi ya Don , long time no hear . What have you been up to recently ?