• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Bits, Pieces, & Clutter

Started by marc_reusser, October 17, 2009, 05:33:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shropshire lad

Quote from: marc_reusser on June 17, 2011, 02:45:22 PM
I think I found my next "clutter" build....and I'm pretty sure Gordon isn't planning on, or already, building this. ;D
...but just to be safe I only attached a small image ;) ;D ;D ;D

Marc

Does that mean you are going to have to get your soldering iron out ?

Nick

Gordon Ferguson

Quote from: marc_reusser on June 17, 2011, 02:45:22 PM
....and I'm pretty sure Gordon isn't planning on, or already, building this. ;D
...Marc

Well you only used the present and future tenses, obviously not have considered the "past" ............. now where did I put that photo?

Only joking  ;)

Anyway being serious you can't start anything until you finish up your write-up on painting road roller wheels
Gordon

Gordon Ferguson

Been practicing my painting, at least the "mixer" is no longer that bright red primer colour ............. but it is definitely rusty & abandoned

Gordon

Andi Little

Well practice makes perfect Gordon, and to be honest you look to be well on your way. What an excellent job, the natural decay around the engine box is exemplary - and the old "mix" around the mouth of the mixing bowl is particularly convincing. The dry and dead paint residue around the draw-bar and winding wheels look about right as do the spoked wheels.
All round great job - you put me to shame so you do!!

All the best...................
KBO..................... Andi.

danpickard

Nice Gordon,
I very much like the texture that has come into the panels, and the dried concrete residue is just enough, and a good powdery looking colour too.  What I also like is the hints of former colour, like the blue struggling to remain on the wheel and portions of the frame, but I think the colouring on that drawbar is the main part that caught my eye as a really good balance of decay and weather collection. The whole thing makes a pretty cool little junk feature.

Cheers,
Dan

DaKra

finescalerr

lab-dad

Really great little detail!
I just may have to have one in "O" scale.
-Marty

Junior

Practicing ;D ???. Couldn´t be much better!

Anders  ;D

michael mott

It is obvious that the worker who used this mixer were slobs, there is absolutely no need to leave the concrete hardening up like that on the rim especially, having spent a few hours mixing 11 cubic yards with my own 3 cubic foot mixer last summer. even if I splashed concrete over the frame, which is inevitable, I always washed the tub and cleaned the edge of the rim.

Gordon I think you should tell the workers to have more respect for their equipment!.......Oh its a model sorry.

Michael

granitechops

Quote from: michael mott on August 19, 2011, 08:55:35 PM
It is obvious that the worker who used this mixer were slobs, there is absolutely no need to leave the concrete hardening up like that on the rim especially, having spent a few hours mixing 11 cubic yards with my own 3 cubic foot mixer last summer. even if I splashed concrete over the frame, which is inevitable, I always washed the tub and cleaned the edge of the rim.

Gordon I think you should tell the workers to have more respect for their equipment!.......Oh its a model sorry.

Michael

Yes, but, that mixer was your own Michael

I also, almmost,   ;D   care for my mixer like you do.
But, on building sites I have worked on in the dim past, the prefered  method of cleaning was, shovel of gravel, bucket of water a few turns of barrel,  Turn out & off home. Next morning clean drum with lump hammer from outside, where water did not slosh, so if such workers were in the work crew, a few dints near the barrel mouth, would add  versimilitude
I was not the doing the concreting, just observing from the seat of the crane!
Don in sunny Devon, England

Gordon Ferguson

Thank you all for the positive comments.

It has now been mounted on a very small base, to stop me puting finger prints over all the pigments. As Anders pointed out to me a bit of variety in the vegetation would help so playing with some ideas .......... one of these days I might get to say its finished 
Gordon

Frederic Testard

Frederic Testard

Junior

Just beautiful Gordon.....maybe it´s even better than the hinges you made for me ;D ;D ;D.

Anders

DaKra

Haha, looks like it just coughed up a bunch of bricks and dried concrete.   :D  Love it!