• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Bits, Pieces, & Clutter

Started by marc_reusser, October 17, 2009, 05:33:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ray Dunakin

Sweet! Makes me wish I could prototypically include some cobblestones in one of my desert mining towns.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

finescalerr

You can. Just populate it with a bunch of Welsh miners. -- Russ

Junior

Really nice conversion on the CV and great work on the dio base! Why are there two threads for this project? Will the CV have another "home"  ????

Anders  ;D

Gordon Ferguson

Hi Anders,

the CV only crept in here as it was on the shelf and I needed something to provide a sense of scale, it will continue to reside at

http://www.finescalerr.com/smf/index.php?topic=1650.0

p.s. got you e-mail and will drop you a line soon
Gordon

Gordon Ferguson

Been building some clutter for the "CV" so pretty obvious place to post

Trouble is I now have to paint them  ???
Gordon

Mr Potato Head

c'mon Gordon! ???
That's a real door!  :o
geeeezzzzzz trying to pull a fast one on us!  ::)
MPH
Gil Flores
In exile in Boise Idaho

lab-dad

Very nice "bits" I love doing these little projects!
Okay; what putty did you use and how the heck did you do the grommets?!?! :o
-Marty

Andi Little

Quote from: lab-dad on December 05, 2011, 08:07:26 AM
Okay; what putty did you use and how the heck did you do the grommets?!?! :o

Yes c'mon! - enquiring minds want to know. ............... Oh, and pretty good too, lovely clutter - don't forget .......... paint tins [all sizes] Brushes [natch'] Paint kettles and wipers [rag] straight edge and paste table [for paper hanging] Open kit box with carry handle ............ and most importantly "messenger" style bag for snap and thermos.

Go get 'em tiger.
KBO..................... Andi.

Gordon Ferguson

Andi

great ideas but the CV is not exactly a large pick-up, however you will see some of your thoughts soon .................."messenger bag" ? , think what you really mean is one of those "gas mask" canvas bags  from the ex Army surplus shops.

& Marty  

The putty I used is Milliput epoxy putty, with lots of talc on the work bench to roll it out nice and thin............ bench does smell better now ;D

As for the grommets , my standard way .... wire , wrapped around a thin drill(22 thou) then cut & pressed flat ;-

You really need to use a new blade when cutting rings to avoid too much distortion
Gordon

finescalerr

Excellent, meticulous work. -- Russ

Andi Little

Quote from: gfadvance on December 05, 2011, 10:22:39 AM
Andi
great ideas but the CV is not exactly a large pick-up, however you will see some of your thoughts soon .................."messenger bag" ? , think what you really mean is one of those "gas mask" canvas bags  from the ex Army surplus shops.

You get the idea ....... could hang over the seat corner with Thermos poking out?

As an aside here's my "Messenger bag" ........ My Tilley Intrepid II  - [an object of desire].

KBO..................... Andi.

Gordon Ferguson

OK Andi,

your wish , etc, etc.

The idea is there but may have another go at it tomorrow :-\
Gordon

Gordon Ferguson

OK managed to get some paint on the "bits"

Certainly working on small bits is a good discipline for me  although as Anders pointed out to me painting wood is easier if you start of with wood ;)
Gordon

Malachi Constant

Good grief, man!  The little bag and the folded canvas with the grommets are brilliant "soft" details .... getting the chiseling bits (mortise or whatever) out of the door with the fittings for hardware, etc ... wow.  The ladder is a bit of a mind-blower ... the folding assembly, layers of paint dribble and the rope bits ... all super cool.

Only question (for the moment):  why the big gaping empty nail holes in the saw horse?  Put some nail heads in them or something.

Great stuff!
Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

marc_reusser

Hmm...I want to see a tob and bottom view of that door to see if you show the mortised stile and rail details. ;D

Seriously though ...splendid work. Like the saw-horse painting; nice wood look ..even has a CM effect feel. Ladder has maybe a bit too much overall splatter....looks like an explosion in a spray can factory.  The way you created and folded the canvas is perfect...I am a bit iffy about the painting though...the highlights and transitions are a bit to rough (looks drybrushed) to me, but then I doubt I could do any better.

..in general, looking at these, I feel somewhat inadequate at the moment.

M
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works