• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Bits, Pieces, & Clutter

Started by marc_reusser, October 17, 2009, 05:33:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marc_reusser

Yeah...that's it...."Carriage whatchamacalllits"

I can see the practical logic of the strips....but the photo I am referencing only has the plywood.  :)

M
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Chuck Doan

There's By the Book, Common practice, and then whateverelse anyone does.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Mobilgas

But!! under the plywood there would be factory metal strips between the wooden board's. I think modeling the pickup bed without the plywood laying in the back would look good  ;)
Craig

marc_reusser

Rough shot of finished ply bed.

M-Works

finescalerr

Now I suppose you will tell us it's really mediocre modeling and you're very unhappy with it. And, if you were to write such nonsense, you would be exposed as a total goofball. -- Russ

Andi Little

KBO..................... Andi.

shropshire lad

Quote from: finescalerr on August 19, 2012, 01:04:24 AM
Now I suppose you will tell us it's really mediocre modeling and you're very unhappy with it. And, if you were to write such nonsense, you would be exposed as a total goofball. -- Russ

For once , Uncle Russ , we are in total agreement ...  Christ, that was hard for me to type !

Nick

mad gerald

Marc,

Quote from: marc_reusser on August 19, 2012, 12:19:00 AM
Rough shot of finished ply bed.
... where did that license plate come from? This was originally used in American Graffiti ... on John Milner's Ford B ... IIRC ...

Cheers

marc_reusser

Thanks guys...glad you still have your rose colored glasses. As I said Russ...IMO a strong 'B' at best.

Ha...Gerald...good eye. It is also the abbreviated title of George Lucas's first film. I needed an old style california license plate, did a quick google image search, and it was one of the first ones to come up. Decided to use it since time was of the essence, and to see how many people would notice. ;D

M-Works

Chuck Doan

Marc uses a different radius grade curve than the rest of us.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Junior

Absolutley beautiful! CanĀ“t wait to see the rest of the truck!

Anders

Franck Tavernier

Wow awesome Marc, as always   :o :o

1:24 scale  ;)

Franck

Ray Dunakin

Marvelous work! I got a kick out of the license plate.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

chester

Great look Marc, I love it. Shades of Robt. Duvall with the plate.

marc_reusser

Just so you don't think that I only babble on around here...I am actually building stuff.

You would think that a kit that only costs $7, has a total of 25 parts, and is only 3x7.5cm, would be a quick and easy build. 60 hours into it, and more parts and pieces built, replaced and modified, than the original kit had.....and still not done.

M-Works