• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Bits, Pieces, & Clutter

Started by marc_reusser, October 17, 2009, 05:33:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lawton Maner

A great feel of a country Rover.  Add a couple of Golden Retrievers looking out of the back and it would fit in with the Weekenders who come down to the Northern Neck of Virginia to play each Friday night then go home on Sunday.

shropshire lad

Quote from: Malachi Constant on January 31, 2013, 12:55:39 PM
Well, still blissfully ignorant of all the "nit-picky" Land Rover stuff, I gotta say that looks like a damn fine model to me!  The finishes look great ... as does the muddy/grassy base ... really like those irregular edges on the scenicked bit too.  Congrats on getting 'er done!  ;)  -- Dallas

Dallas ,

You're best to remain ignorant . Life's too short to start going into all of the different Land Rovers and their variants .

Gordon ,

Good job there , Old Bean . Although it looks pretty "civilianised" for a military Landie ,

Nick

Andi Little

Congrat's on reaching the tape Gordon, a dear diary moment if ever there was one.
It looks pretty fab' alright ... it certainly carries the flavour of a Landrover, and for most of us - that's probably good enough?

Great model, great base work ... very well done.
KBO..................... Andi.

Ray Dunakin

Good job! I like the combination of dust and mud effects.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

finescalerr

chester

I'll say, and pretty darn good too.

Gordon Ferguson

For an on-going project I needed to make some 1980's type metal fence panels.
These are 1/35 scale, each panel is approx 50 x 25 mm.

Constructed out of plastic rod

the now standard mix of various rust colours

followed by one fine coat of hairspray, then various over sprays of different off whites. Left to dry for about 30 minutes and then chipped with a fine brush and water

A well thinned coat of dark rust oil over whole panel, left to dry  for a few minutes and then cleaned off enough to leave a "rust stain". Specific areas then then touched in with the dark rust followed with some slight touches of lighter rust tones

Finally a close up of the top rail , each panel is being done separately as I need to be able to find out if I can replicate the finish

Gordon

Andi Little

Excellent little model/detail Gordon.
Great process too - looks do-able even for a lacksadaisical little so-and-so like myself.

Cool!
KBO..................... Andi.

marc_reusser

Splendid little detail piece, and nice paint an rust. Perfect.

Been wanting to build a sim barricade fora while  :)

Marc
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Peter_T1958

Wonderful! How on earth do you do that? Sounds so easy ...   :'(

Cheers, Peter
"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication" -Leonardo Da Vinci-

https://industrial-heritage-in-scale.blogspot.ch/

mad gerald

Gordon,

Quote from: gfadvance on May 05, 2013, 03:05:49 AM
For an on-going project I needed to make some 1980's type metal fence panels.
Constructed out of plastic rod
... is this styrene ...  ??? ... and how do you treat/bend it, that it remains in (new) shape ... ?

Cheers

BTW: Panels really look the part!

Alexandre

Incredible finish.
This is really scale replicas of the very ones!

Bravo.

Gordon Ferguson

Thanks for the positive response to this little piece.

Gerald

Yes it's styrene, will post some details later

Alexandre

Thanks, but it would not have been possible without your photos.
Gordon

Ray Dunakin

Nice work, very authentic!
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Barney

How does this man do it - every day items that we just take for granted made from plastic but built just like the real thing !! amazing stuff and its little things like this that just seem to make the model become alive and its something you can finish - excellent workmanship and with a difference.
And one other project which I think is on the forum somewhere is the second hand door with little touches like the door hinges that are not there anymore and the holes to secure the letterbox -just little bits of detail that makes a world of difference to the finished model.just keep it coming
Mr Gordon.
    Barney the unfinished