• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Bits, Pieces, & Clutter

Started by marc_reusser, October 17, 2009, 05:33:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alexandre

Well done it is Gordon.
The old "handmade" school still got some ammo.

:)

Ray Dunakin

Good job! Nice to see something done the old-fashioned way.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Gordon Ferguson

Thanks Alex and Ray,

Got the end piecess with the cast in legs sort of sorted , not sure about them but will leave for the moment.

Radiator placed in context  in a small test piece
Gordon

nk

That is a nice looking radiator, and more or less made like the original. Thanks for the step by step on it.
You may ask yourself: "Well, how did I get here?"

http://public.fotki.com/nkhandekar/

Chuck Doan

"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Max Corey

I used to get in trouble in school by sitting by the steam radiator at the back of the class and melting crayons.  Those dudes get HOT!

I need to model a dozen or more in 1/48 scale for a project I am working on, so happy to see how you built yours.   I may find it easier to go with Builders in Scale (builders-in-scale.com) steam radiator kit 7421 since I already have three and they are nice kits. You can add more sections to make them longer but that takes more kits of course.  I have much experience with casting in resin using silicone molds so will probably make my own.  Need to order more Castolite SRP (the only one I have used to good effect) and make my own more like your style here, since that is the kind I remember best.

So if there was a melted crayon somewhere on your radiator, a bit of color could be added to balance what will be a good composition anyway.

Max being silly in MI
A screw up on your part doesn't constitute an emergency on mine.

marc_reusser

Very fun and cool...liking the the progress. More please.

Knowing where/what the scene is inspired from, maybe melted human on the raditor instead if crayon  ;D
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Malachi Constant

Ya know, I really enjoy a good "slice of life" movie ... far more than any overblown Hollywood production ...

Likewise admire the ability to envision a little vignette like this and then go all-out to perfect all of the textures and finishes ... fascinating work!

Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

finescalerr

I, too, am rather interested in this little exercise. It is adequate. -- Russ

marc_reusser

Can't let Gordon get all the attention. :)

1/20 scale build to get the feel for the scale. The completed basic frame/structure so far. Some 140 pieces of styrene so far. Lots of detail bits and spot-welds still to do.

Inspiration/reference for the scene.

I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Mr Potato Head

nice job for your first time in the "bigs"
Cool subject
MPH
Gil Flores
In exile in Boise Idaho

mad gerald

Quote from: marc_reusser on September 09, 2013, 03:37:42 AM
... 1/20 scale build to get the feel for the scale.
... come on, Marc ... just a little step further (in scale) ... and you'll reach 1/16 scale too ...  ;D  8) ... 1/16 offers even more richness of detail and weathering galore ...  :D

Cheers

Peter_T1958

Quote from: Mr Potato Head on September 09, 2013, 08:10:21 AM
nice job for your first time in the "bigs"

First time in the "bigs"? No, no! " That will surpass everything that has gone here before. Such a ferris wheel will take a lot of space in your "vitrine". At least three meters in diameter ...  ;)

Seriously... I watch closely and with increasing interest that spreading Prypjat stuff here in the forum! Cool subject indeed!

Cheers, Peter
"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication" -Leonardo Da Vinci-

https://industrial-heritage-in-scale.blogspot.ch/

Chuck Doan

He did a 1/25th scale pick-up that was pretty good... ;D
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Mobilgas

Yes....The Pickup....I really liked that build  ;)
Craig