• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1/2"-Scale Lumber Stacker

Started by Ken Hamilton, October 30, 2009, 09:33:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

finescalerr

What a remarkable accomplishment in every aspect. -- Russ

Malachi Constant

Quote from: Ken Hamilton on July 03, 2010, 07:52:31 PM
"That's all I can stands, I can't stands n'more" - Popeye the Sailor

Ken --

This shot really "sells" the diorama ... even though the diorama hasn't been built yet!  ;D

Wonderful, outstanding, crazy stuff with a great touch ... think you'll need some figures up on those piles to fully set the scene ...

Great stuff,
Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

Ray Dunakin

What an awesome accomplishment!
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

lab-dad

<insert Marc applauding dude here.>
friggin awesome!
-Marty

marklayton

Ken -

I just looked back at the very first photo at the start of this thread.  Your rendition is very convincing.

Bravo!

Mark
He who dies with the most tools wins.

Frederic Testard

An amazing model, Ken. As Dallas said, even without a dio the scene already looks almost perfect.
(Well, he didn't use exactly these words, but I'm sure he thought something like this).
Frederic Testard

Ken Hamilton

I'm finally getting some work done after a not-too-productive week.  I did manage the get the figures posed.
Now comes putty and a lot of sanding and shaping.

Ken Hamilton
www.wildharemodels.com
http://public.fotki.com/khamilton/models/

Malachi Constant

So you're not going to use a bunch of "stock" figures standing around in irrelevant poses ... bummer!  ;D

But seriously ... THAT'S the ticket!  Sure it's a good bit of work (which has to be far more interesting than stacking the dang lumber) ... but WOW it's already obvious that these guys "belong" in the scene ... it just keeps getting better and better-er.

Cheers,
Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

finescalerr

chester

An impressive feat Ken, great modeling. But your LP's need to be a bit more efficient. Two guys to move one board?

Ken Hamilton

Quote from: chester on July 24, 2010, 05:10:46 AM
Two guys to move one board?
After hearing a bunch of whining that it was too awkward filling the rack
with one person, I gave in and put on a second guy.
They'd go up top but they're both afraid of heights.
Maybe I'll just fire their cry-baby, plastic asses.
Ken Hamilton
www.wildharemodels.com

RoughboyModelworks

Two guys... no problem, looks safe and efficient. At least it's not run by CALTRANS... then there'd be at least four guys, all being paid prevailing wage: one holding a warning flag, one manning caution cones, one guy "supervising" and one poor slob doing all the board lifting.  ;D ;D

Paul

Philip Smith

Ken Hamilton

I've been working on the base (no photos of that yet) and the figures are just about done:

I changed the right arm of the guy in the back.  One hand will now be on the controls at
the back of the atcker.  It looked ackward with him holding such a small board with both hands:

More to come......
Ken Hamilton
www.wildharemodels.com

TRAINS1941

Ken

Just awesome!!!  The whole project!!

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin