• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

UP Rotary Snowplow Build

Started by Jerry Barnes, November 13, 2009, 07:25:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerry Barnes

I've been making a rotary snow plow of a UP prototype. Built on a Aristo FA-1 B chassis, using a drill
motor to turn the vacuum cleaner blade. Covered with metal duct tape foil that I embossed a rivet
pattern on with a pounce wheel(Micro Mark has them).

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

finescalerr

Creative use of duct tape! -- Russ

marc_reusser

That think looks huge!.

Are planning on adding some weathering?

M
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Jerry Barnes

Thanks guys, waiting for some E-8 round grills to put on top. 

The duct tape is good for metalizing things. It
is actually metal, even conducts electricity, hence the split in the front scraper. It has a peel off backing you take
off, once you have put in the lines/textures you want. Stuff really sticks on good!

Marc-I had planned on some weathering, but then saw the one in the Cheyenne roundhouse,
it is polished up like mine, hard to take pix of it it's so shiny. So, not sure now.

marklayton

Jerry -

I'm seeing terrorized bunnies and squirrels being persued down the main line by the shiny death machine!  ;)

Mark
He who dies with the most tools wins.

Jerry Barnes

Chasing critters sounds like fun! No progress on the Rotary, did figure out the lettering, wife will cut  it out of vinyl, she used to run a sign biz, but retired and kept the plotter. Sometimes I can get her to cut lettering for me.  Did a repaint on a used RS-3 I got to help push on the rotary and for my bladed snowplow.

John McGuyer

Jerry, you are one creative dude and quite an original thinker.

John

Jerry Barnes

Did the first run with the rotary, not too bad, chute clogged up some, had some slippage. So have changed the blade and added weights to the pusher and the rotary. Video below:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewugstqn6LU

Rucksack

Hi Jerry,

cool Video :o

here another type of a snowplow.
East german construction "Schneefraese" with a turbine
http://www.modellbahnclub-hoyerswerda.de/eisenbahn.html

Sven
"The majority of german women is female" Helmut Kohl

Jerry Barnes

Rotary is coming along, added some weights to it and the pusher RS3 loco. Got the red handles on, the one in Cheyenne has those. Still need lettering, maybe I can get my wife to cut some from vinyl. New blade was painted also.

Jerry Barnes

Sylvia cut the lettering for me out of vinyl, she used to have a sign shop out of the home. Still has her plotter/cutter.

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World