• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Playland Penny Arcade

Started by Ken Hamilton, November 19, 2009, 08:34:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken Hamilton

Just for a little change of pace, here are some under-construction details
for an on-again/off-again diorama project.  The "Playland Arcade" will be a
somewhat decaying 1/2" scale urban Penny Arcade that is being emptied of
it's contents. The building is in the "planning stages" (IE: not even drawn yet)
but some of the arcade games have been started.  Of course, there's a Fortune Teller:

A car track & "Test Your Strength" game:

A couple of shooting galleries:

And a few others, none of which are totally finished, but posting them here might
get me off my butt to pull this project off the shelf.

Like I said, just something a little different for you to look at today..............
Thanks.
Ken Hamilton
www.wildharemodels.com
http://public.fotki.com/khamilton/models/

DaKra

Great stuff, as usual Ken!  Like I was saying, even when a model is meant to be realistic, the character of the modeller can really shine through in the choice of subject matter.    Penny Arcade ... classic Hamilton!

Dave

TRAINS1941

Ken

Well you sure know how to keep our interest up.  I'm sure this will bring back memories for some of the older guys here.  Like Russ & Marc to name a few ;)

Oh and some nice modeling by the way.

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

Scratchman

finescalerr

Okay, Jerry, I heard that! Go stand in the corner.

Ken, if you were a photographer instead of a modeler your works would be in galleries worldwide.

Russ

MrBrownstone

You are amazing Ken,

The detail in the fortune teller is .... (lost for words)

The subject is just perfect for your skills... you are a miniturist without a doubt...

Mike

Ken Hamilton

"Look into my eyes..........
From this moment on you will build nothing but Aluminum Can Airplane Models....."

(Thanks for the nice comments)
Ken Hamilton
www.wildharemodels.com
http://public.fotki.com/khamilton/models/

marc_reusser

Ken,

These are  just wonderful. Truely creative and different.  Look forward to wher you go with this.  The genie reminds me of the one in the old Tom Hanks film 'Big'.

Jerry...I may be old , but I am probably still the youngest old guy here...except maybe for Marty ;D.....but oddly I do remeber these kinds/styles of arcade games as a kid at the Santa Cruz Boardwalk  ::).

M
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Frederic Testard

Ken, having the ball really fly between the hands of the man is EXCEPTIONNAL modelling!

Marc, sometimes I feel like the oldest young guy...
Frederic Testard

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

RoughboyModelworks

Very interesting project Ken, like everything you've posted here.

I will just have to assume these are accurate representations as these kind of Arcade games date from way before my time... ;)

Paul

John McGuyer

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

John

finescalerr

Does that encompass regression? I'm younger, dumber, more primative, and less mature than ever! I implore you to leave hair loss out of your answer .... -- Russ

John McGuyer

!cnU

Did you ever think you might be from the planet Ork?

John

RoughboyModelworks

Quote from: finescalerr on November 29, 2009, 01:13:55 AM
Does that encompass regression? I'm younger, dumber, more primative, and less mature than ever! I implore you to leave hair loss out of your answer .... -- Russ
I always thought that was the natural outcome of marriage... ;) ;D ;D

Paul