• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Pics of my 7/8n2 layout

Started by Brian Donovan, December 15, 2009, 08:18:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian Donovan

This little layout is still in its infancy with the track just put down a year ago but it is shaping up nicely.
It is basically a reversing loop to reversing loop with a couple of spurs.

the track plan with an unfolded version of it on the top half and how it looks on the bottom -

Pics from this past summer when the big stone station was just installed (real stone, real cedar shingles, real copper gutters and weighing in around 40 lbs.)

and an in cab ride along video-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0ZWYT518ms

-Brian

JohnP

Brian, that is a nice and pleasant outdoor railway. The larger outdoor scales can be a relief from rivet counting indoors. I started a 7/8ths loop with a Ruby I have plans to convert to 7/8ths. Somewhere on here Marc posted a bunch of small-gauge 4-wheel cars that I will be using for my 7/8ths trains. I might cast a few to have a string of equipment to pull. I did get to see Steve King's Maine 2-foot 7/8ths outdoor railroad in VA when others brought their equipment too. That is a scale that can be exploited for real in-your-face detailing if one is so inclined. But you can still pick it up and get it on a workbench.

John
John Palecki