• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Photo of The Day

Started by marc_reusser, December 18, 2009, 06:08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ray Dunakin

That sure is an abomination, and would be an interesting subject to model. I've seen an older photo from the other side, but never seen this shot before. I'll have to file that away for my "someday" project list.

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

finescalerr

If it only had a steering wheel it would be wonderful to drive it on the freeway. -- Russ

chester

Something I've always wanted to model but know I never will.

RoughboyModelworks

What is that Chester?  Love the training wheels... ;)

Paul

chester

Paul, It's actually a motorcycle. Those small wheels retract after a certain speed is reached. And the engine is probably the first V8 ever built. I believe this was a pet project of a fellow named Scripts (of fountain pen fame) at the turn of the last century. Quite a cooling system there eh?

RoughboyModelworks

Thanks Chester... the predecessor of the Boss Hoss  :o
Yes, that cooling system is unique to say the least and it does have an intriguing springer front end. It's certainly a curious piece of engineering. Would love to see how it actually handles on the road.

Paul

RoughboyModelworks

Yet another curious piece of engineering...

Paul

Frederic Testard

Frederic Testard

scrappy1

RoughboyModelworks

I've got to admit, it does look like fun. Though think how much more fun it would be with a big thumper in it instead of a puny 50 or 80cc weedwhacker engine or whatever that is. Maybe some apes, shotgun pipes, proper seat and a bitch pad... now we're talking...

Paul

scrappy1

i agree with a better seat but 80cc would be more then anuff running on bad track hell even good track ,you get bucked around ,don't be leave me come for a ride in my speeder lol ;DI've had my A4 ex CNR up to 72mph on jointed rail to the point of scary (loved it)

RoughboyModelworks

72 mph on a CNR speeder  :o :o  You demon of speed you...  ;)

Paul

Ray Dunakin

Back in the late 70's and early 80's, when the San Diego & Arizona RR's Carrizo Gorge was shut down due to damage from a big storm, my brothers and I used to hike the Gorge a lot. We sometimes encountered people cruising on little homemade rail buggies. These were typically a small four-wheel flat with a couple of lawn chairs and a big cooler strapped to it, powered by a lawnmower or go-cart engine.

In fact, we almost got creamed while crossing a long trestle at dusk... no catwalk, and the fast-approaching rail buggy didn't have a muffler so they couldn't hear us yelling. (No headlight either.) My brother and I stood on the end of the ties and it missed us by inches.

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

scrappy1

A4 speeder has a 4cyl 2.3L(same as mustang 4 banger) with a 4speed tanny that bugger moves!!!scary on jointed rail

RoughboyModelworks

Here's one of the latest from Shorpy, photographed in Michigan ca 1890. For 2 horsepower it seems to me that this stretches the limits of believability...

Paul