• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Photo of The Day

Started by marc_reusser, December 18, 2009, 06:08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gordon Ferguson

Another variation on a theme
Gordon

kneighbarger

Well, if you have a few extra 55 gallon drums laying around, here is a scene you can put them to use in.  ;)
Approximately 1955, Los Angeles harbor.

mabloodhound

Look at the right shoe on the peddler.

These are a few images of London streets in 1876 http://www.retronaut.com/2013/07/street-life-in-london/
Dave Mason
D&GRR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
"A people that values its privileges above its principles will soon lose both."~Dwight D. Eisenhower

shropshire lad

That's Gary Glitter's Grand Dad !

EZnKY

Beautiful weather today in central Kentucky so I visited one of my favorite places - Brassfield, KY.  It's an abandoned stop on the old Richmond, Nicholasville, Irvine & Beattyville Railroad.
Tracks were removed in 1932, but the depot has survived, albeit in a very abandoned and neglected state.  It's great how it sits out in the middle of field at the end of the farm road.  Anyway, up by the road, adjacent to the right-of-way, is an old store run by the Combs family.

It struck me today how much the store looks like a Chuck Doan project.

Here's the depot. 
Eric Zabilka
Lexington, Kentucky

EZnKY

And here's the store.
Eric Zabilka
Lexington, Kentucky

Ray Dunakin

Wow, that certainly does look like something from Chuck's workbench!
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Ray Dunakin

Here's an old shed I saw in Julian, CA. Note the tree growing out of it!

In this shot you can see the whole shed:

Ray Dunakin's World

Scratchman

EZnKY

It looks like someone Photoshopped that tree sticking out of the shed door!
Eric Zabilka
Lexington, Kentucky

Ray Dunakin

The historic drug store in Julian has an old-fashioned soda fountain:

Julian is a small former mining town in the mountains east of San Diego. Nowadays it is mainly a quaint tourist destination, known for apples and apple pies. I have a few more pics here:

http://www.raydunakin.com/Site/Julian_CA.html

Ray Dunakin's World

Ray Dunakin

Yeah that tree sticking out sure looks odd, but it's really there.

Ray Dunakin's World

finescalerr

Eric, you have materialized out of nowhere. Where have you been hiding ... and why? -- Russ

EZnKY

I've been lurking more than hiding Russ.
Just got my second and final child through college.  He's finally gotten his own place, so I've spent most of this year renovating his bedroom to be the new model shop.
And without a shop, I've been spending my modeling time drawing each of the RNI&B's locomotives in cad.  David Fletcher, Rich Wickett, and others have been a huge help.

Oh, and trying to keep the architecture practice going...
Eric Zabilka
Lexington, Kentucky

finescalerr