• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Photo of The Day

Started by marc_reusser, December 18, 2009, 06:08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck Doan

Great photos, keep them coming.

Ken, I missed that Linn in Campo, but I saw a lot of other fine hulks.

Marc, what is that? Something Eastern Bloc by the looks of it. Maybe a model when it ages some.

Was that a real Mini Dallas? My friend has one of each body type except the tiny pick-up . 

"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

jim s-w

Quote from: shropshire lad on October 01, 2013, 01:35:02 AM
That is at the Black Country Living Museum in Dudley , West Midland in Good Old Blighty . I haven't been there , but it looks as if it might be quite interesting .

Nick

It's just down the road from me.  Worth a look if you are in the area, some of the demonstrations are quite fascinating. Plus they do old style fish and chips (cooked in beef fat).

Jim
Jim Smith-Wright

shropshire lad

Quote from: jim s-w on October 15, 2013, 03:12:12 AM
Quote from: shropshire lad on October 01, 2013, 01:35:02 AM
That is at the Black Country Living Museum in Dudley , West Midland in Good Old Blighty . I haven't been there , but it looks as if it might be quite interesting .

Nick

It's just down the road from me.  Worth a look if you are in the area, some of the demonstrations are quite fascinating. Plus they do old style fish and chips (cooked in beef fat).

Jim

But are they wrapped in an old copy of The Sun ?

jim s-w

Sadly not.  I don't think health and safety allow it  ;D
Jim Smith-Wright

Malachi Constant

Quote from: Chuck Doan on October 14, 2013, 09:44:51 PM
Was that a real Mini Dallas? My friend has one of each body type except the tiny pick-up . 

Yeah, 1:1 Mini Cooper with "Actual Size" lettered on the back window ... seemed like someone with a good sense of humor.
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

kneighbarger

Here is a different type of tractor, a recycled model T Ford in all it's glory...

kneighbarger

And  3 more photos. Just couldn't get a shot of that rear wheel....
Ken

kneighbarger

And a Model A Ford Montgomery Ward conversion...
Story on the plaque is interesting....  
Ken

kneighbarger

And 3 more. I don't know why the 2nd photo didn't open in the above post, note that
there are 2 links under the first photo...   ???  That has the plaque and the story...
Ken

5thwheel

The way the drive sprocket is located the transmission has to be in reverse to go forward. Would have one speed foreword and three reverse. ::)
Bill Hudson
Fall down nine times,
get up ten.

kneighbarger

It is very easy to flip the ring gear to the other side of the pinion gear to correct that.  ;D
It is also done when installing a quick change rear end to keep the rotation correct.
Ken

Ray Dunakin

Wow, great stuff, really funky! Especially that three-wheeled Model T tractor.

I also liked the "cow proof spark plugs".

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

lab-dad

Ken,
Can you send me the full res images of the Monkey Ward one?
I think it would be a nice addition to my 1/16th stuff.
-Marty

Mr Potato Head

Ken
That looks like Jerry Lawrence driving the tractor~
god knows he's old enough
There is one of these at the Willits Motive Power Museum
Not Wards but a conversion, I actually have an ad for a conversion, I'll look for it
MPH
Gil Flores
In exile in Boise Idaho

kneighbarger

Marty,
I would be happy to, BUT I don't have any. These are from around 2001 or so and
because of the length of trip and this wasn't my primary focus, I didn't take larger
photos.   ::) Lots of photos (that is all of the Model A), just not high resolution.
I do hope to go back in the next couple of months, I will get it right this time.

Ken