• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Photo of The Day

Started by marc_reusser, December 18, 2009, 06:08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoughboyModelworks

Chuck was supposed to share...  I've got plenty of them, I'll see what else I can come up with for you.

Paul

RoughboyModelworks

Here are a couple for you Craig. First from 1925, Washington DC area I believe. Rumour has it it was owned by a man named King...

And the second is somewhat more recent, 1950s when service stations used to have useful attendants. Unfortunately I don't know the location of this shot.

Paul

RoughboyModelworks

Here are a couple more for you Craig... and for Marc too, being more roadside vernacular architecture - the Fish Inn in Coeur d'Alene, ID. Don't have any more information than that unfortunately...

Paul

Ray Dunakin

Cool! I love those old roadside attractions.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

mobilgas

Paul,......  Cool.......    I like it  ;D ;D  Amoco gas weird station name....i like it though....neat station name if his name was King.  The mobil horse sign on the building is Rare being that it face's Right.... the right is alot harder to get...they had a left and a right. The pumps are M&S 80 cut with the light-up script top's.  Wish i had a time machine i could step into........cant get enough of that service station stuff.     Craig   

scrappy1

love the fish gas station

chester

One more to help fulfill Craig's addiction. It's nice to see some folks will save and restore rather than just tear down.

And an interesting choice in siding that one doesn't see much of anymore is this brick pattern in pressed steel panels.

mobilgas

Thanks Chester,    I like the clock-face gas pump....and that siding  pressed steel would be different to model..... anyone want to try and make a mold in 1/2 inch and sell them in sheets ;D      Craig

marc_reusser

Quote from: Roughboy on March 20, 2010, 05:59:20 PM
Here are a couple more for you Craig... and for Marc too, being more roadside vernacular architecture - the Fish Inn in Coeur d'Alene, ID. Don't have any more information than that unfortunately...

Paul

Frank Gehry eat your heart out!

Marc
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

RoughboyModelworks

marc_reusser

Another track building image for Marty.

This was likely for the North Bend Lumber Co., at N. Bend WA.

M-Works

lab-dad

Thanks Marc!
Really neat scene!
-Marty

marc_reusser

Here are a couple that arrived in the mail today.

First one....

M-Works

marc_reusser

...the other one.

M-Works

Ray Dunakin

Great pics!

I wouldn't want to be the engineer of that upside down loco. Steam loco wrecks were nasty for the crew... you'd either be crushed, burned, or scalded to death, or some combination of those choices.

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World